UKC

PRODUCT NEWS: North Wales Climbs - Pre-order Special Offer

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Gear 18 Oct 2013
North Wales Climbs Montage, 4 kb

The new North Wales Climbs Rockfax guidebook is now available for pre-orders at a special offer price of £24.95 (RRP £29.95).

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/gear/news.php?id=5870
 Luk e 19 Oct 2013
In reply to UKC Gear:

Is it pocket sized (like the previous one) or the standard rockfax size?
In reply to Luk e:

It is standard Rockfax size - A5 and 400 pages so quite big.

Alan
 Bulls Crack 19 Oct 2013
In reply to UKC Gear:

Llithrig E1 5c? Only if you cheat and do it free
 Rick Sewards 20 Oct 2013
In reply to UKC Gear:

I don't know if the Cloggy sample is from the final version as printed, but the description for Chimney Route pitch 4 seems fine and as I remember (moving right out of the chimney line in a superb position - I think it joins pitch 3 of Diglyph), but the photodiagram is sending everyone up the Rickety Innards if I'm not very much mistaken - which I haven't done but I've never heard anything good about it. I've lost my definitive Cloggy guide, and it's 25 years since I did Chimney Route - can anyone else confirm?

Rick
In reply to Rick Sewards:

Hi Rick

We are just looking into this. It does look like there may be a discrepancy here but I will check first and then amend the master copy.

Thanks for your comments.

Alan
 pebbles 21 Oct 2013
In reply to Alan James - Rockfax: wondering - serious question, not facetious - how this differs significantly from the 2009 Ground Up North Wales Rock?
In reply to pebbles:
> (In reply to Alan James - UKC and UKH) wondering - serious question, not facetious - how this differs significantly from the 2009 Ground Up North Wales Rock?

It is a perfectly reasonable question.

We have a different selection of crags, and a different selection of routes on those crags. On some crags we have more routes and other fewer. The main area differences are that we have included a chapter on Mid-Wales whereas the GU guide has a chapter on the Llyn.

The topos and route descriptions are obviously completely different although some have been expanded or slightly edited from our own North Wales Classics book published in 2010.

Obviously there are other differences in the treatment of the coverage with our book tending to have a slightly more visual approach. We are also using the book as the basis for our App which we are developing for iOS and Android which should be available next year and will cover as many books as we can adapt for it (I expect most of our books since 2006 eventually).

Alan
 Lukeva 21 Oct 2013
In reply to Alan James - Rockfax:
> (In reply to Rick Sewards)
>
It does look like there may be a discrepancy here but I will check first and then amend the master copy.
>
This is a little off-putting. The few tops featured as samples depict a mistake. Shame, I was really looking forward to a more extensive RF guide to N Wales but have serious reservations now

pebbles 21 Oct 2013
In reply to Alan James - Rockfax: great to hear an app is being developed!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...