UKC

THE LAST GREAT CLIMB out now on HD download & dvd

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
 Alastair Lee 02 Dec 2013

WINNER BEST CLIMBING FILM, BANFF MOUNTAIN FILM FESTIVAL 2013

WINNER JUDGES' SPECIAL PRIZE, KENDAL MOUNTAIN FILM FESTIVAL 2013

The Last Great Climb is out now on HD download & dvd.

The 2013 film from Alastair Lee is an epic to end all mountain epics set in the stunning mountains of Queen Maud Land, Antarctica. The feature documentary follows top adventure climber Leo Houlding with his tried and tested team of Jason Pickles and Sean ‘Stanley’ Leary as they attempt to make the first ascent of the NE ridge of 'the master piece of the range'; the majestic Ulvetanna Peak (2931m). One of the most technically demanding climbs in the world’s harshest environment.
The film tells the story of a climber's life long dream reach one of the world's most remote and difficult summits, interweaved with the fascinating story of the mountain itself; which incredibly was only discovered in 1994. All set against the backdrop of the current age of mountaineering where few great lines remained unclimbed. Every inch of this daring journey is captured by multi-award winner Alastair Lee as we get to know the redoubtable and hilarious team. The crew experience unprecedentedly good weather but eventually the Antarctic conditions begin to grind them down as inevitably things become 'less favourable' whilst they attempt to defy the odds and complete the climb.

Buy your copy here -
http://www.posingproductions.com/product.php?form_action=detail&product...

The film also made Outside Magazine's 'Best Adventure Films of 2013' list.

badwabbit 03 Dec 2013

Thanks Alastair - downloading now, and very much looking forward to it..!
Post edited at 16:38
 martinph78 04 Dec 2013
In reply to Alastair Lee:

Watched the DVD last-night. A great adventure!
 mcb 05 Dec 2013
In reply to Alastair Lee:
Saw this film a week ago, loved it, and enjoyed your talk afterwards too. I honestly think its amazing how you manage to make your work, this film in particular, with such high production values, considering they are made on such tiny, to non existent budgets and no wage!

This film will sit happily amongst many much larger budget feature films. Fantastic intuitive skill in photography and composition in the shooting and the same in the edit and design. Truly unprecedented in this field. Even with big budgets hollywood would struggle to depict what you have here.

Leo said in his talk the other night that it took 6 days to shoot the Top Gear piece of one route in the Verdon! And they have whatever budget they need!

You have raised bar the bar of adventure filmaking yet again!
Great film of a wonderful and death defying adventure!

And no one is paying me for this either. I have been involved in many small commercial productions myself and knowing what money and effort goes into those makes me wonder at how you are doing this. A lot of hard thinking and hard work I expect.

Fantastic stuff.....!
Post edited at 14:09
 badwabbit 06 Dec 2013
Yeah, thoroughly enjoyed the film - and what an amazing piece of rock, eh? The ridge was an incredible feature, and so visually cinematic as well.

Al definitely gets some great production quality out of relatively minimal gear and crew, and the new jib certainly helped immensely. I also felt this film was more successful to me than Autana was.

But yeah, top stuff. It's cold enough putting on climbing shoes at the local wall in winter, got knows what it would be like in antarctic conditions! :shudder:

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...