UKC

Crampons for trango extreme evo gtx

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Frazzman 14 Dec 2013
Looking for advice on technical crampons for a set of La Sportiva trango extreme evo gtx. I'm currently using BD cyborg pro's but i'm really not happy with the fit particularly around the heel, the heel is too narrow for the lugs on the rear to do anything. I'm looking for something narrower, that can take a battering and can do ice and mixed, has anyone tried a set of extremes with G14's, lyxns, simond vampires or any other changeable front point crampons?

Frazer
In reply to Frazzman:
I have the same boots and perfectly happy with the fit of my
Cyborgs, New Rambos should also fit fine

Mountain Llama 14 Dec 2013
In reply to Frazzman:
have used these boots with G14s with metal toe bail. Front of boots is quite narrow so standard bail is large in comparison and sideways movement can occur. Boot size for me 41.5. Narrow bails available from Needlesports or go for plastic type basket fitting.

Once sorted there fine.

Suggest u try b4 u buy.

Cheers Davey
Post edited at 09:30
 David Bennett 14 Dec 2013
In reply to Frazzman:

I have a pair of extremes and have used cyborgs with them. I found the fit at the front a bit of a problem and the crampon could move on the boot particularly on long traverses using french technique. Narrow bails curtesy of Needlesports sorted this out well. Didn't feel there was a problem at the rear.
 TobyA 14 Dec 2013
In reply to Frazzman:

I've used Terminators on mine for many years with no probs.
 Graham 14 Dec 2013
In reply to TobyA:

I also use Cyborgs with my trango extreme's - a little loose at the toe but no biggie. Have also used G14's with them. Anecdotally,I find the CAMP/Cassin toe bails fit the best.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...