UKC

Sport climbing Film

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 JH74 31 Dec 2013
Excellent little sport climbing film over at rockandice about a Portuguese guy working his way up to 9a. I really enjoyed it, thought it was nicely filmed with plenty of emotion but not over the top. Makes me want to go to Siurana!

http://www.rockandice.com/video-gallery/the-road-to-9a-5-14d-andre-neres-cl...

Happy New Year!!
 JLS 31 Dec 2013
In reply to JH74:

Cheers for that.
In reply to JH74:

Cheers, great vid!
 Dan Jam 31 Dec 2013
In reply to JH74:

Shout out to all climbers who race their vans!
Simos 01 Jan 2014
In reply to JH74:
Really good, thanks!

I wonder how many people there are that can climb 9a these days...
Post edited at 00:46
 Fraser 01 Jan 2014
In reply to JH74:

Thanks for the link, that's an excellent video.

Great recovery at 15:48!
 Fraser 01 Jan 2014
In reply to anyone:

Incidentally, can anyone point me in the direction of another great sport climbing video I saw about a year ago of a guy, possibly Spanish/Portuguese, who was obsessed with climbing another 9a route.

The climber was 50+ years old and seemed to live a very hermit-like existence with his partner. From memory it was all shot in black & white and had a real 'art house movie' style about it. Probably about 10 minutes long but beautifully shot and edited, much like this one. I don't think it was subtitled.

I've had a hunt through the Video section here on UKC, but couldn't find it. Any help gratefully received.

Xavierpercy 01 Jan 2014
In reply to Fraser:

I remember seeing it. I think it was manolo on a 9a route called Eternit.
 Fraser 01 Jan 2014
In reply to Xavierpercy:

Cheers, that sounds right!

Unfortunately, when I search for it, it appears the video is no longer available.
 Fraser 01 Jan 2014
In reply to Xavierpercy:

Just discovered it can be bought online here:

www.verticalmentedemode.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=9&Itemid=105

I could well be tempted as I remember it being fantastic and really inspiring....
 Fraser 01 Jan 2014
Ah well, that site/PayPal wouldn't accept my Mastercard for some reason. Will need to try and find another source.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...