UKC

Windmore end nr Brough Eden Valley FRCC guidebook

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 jon59 14 Apr 2014
I would be grateful if anyone can tell me what the access agreement is to Windmore end nr Brough within the Eden valley and south lakes limestone FRCC guide book . I have the FRCC guide which says the left hand side of the crag is currently banned to climbers, is that still extant?. Ive been on the BMC access site which says they are currently negotiating access for climbers but this is dated 2008, there is nothing on the FRCC web site.
In reply to jon59:

It's still the situation as negotiations got nowhere. However, I'd be surprised if anyone kicked you off - I think it's more a covering their own backs scenario. And there's still plenty of the rest of the crag available.
OP jon59 14 Apr 2014
In reply to Stephen Reid:

Many thanks for the update steve
 Kelcat 14 Apr 2014
In reply to jon59:

I can't give you a definitive answer but its been one of our clubs meets for the last couple of years without any hassle. It's not that great mind.
OP jon59 14 Apr 2014
In reply to Kelcat:

cheers for the advice, Im working near by soon so its just something to do in the evenings.
In reply to jon59:

I have climbed on the left side on a number of occasions over the past few years without any problem. There have been obvious signs of visits by other climbers.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...