UKC

Slovenia alpinism

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Roberttaylor 24 Apr 2014
Has anyone been climbing in Slovenia, specifically alpine stuff? How is it? Where to go?

R
matejn 24 Apr 2014
In reply to Roberttaylor:

Hi!
Best time for climbing alpine stuff in Slovenia is in July, August, September and if lucky also in October. As for where to go, I would suggest Mojstrana, Kr. Gora and if you want to climb in some really wild atmosphere with long approaches, than Bovec is the place to go. How it is? Steve House used words like: delicate, loose rock, psychologically demanding to describe climbing in Slovenia.
Dr Avinash Aujayeb 24 Apr 2014
In reply to matejn:

http://www.cesen.com/agk/gallery.php?id=21022014

That was me in Feb, with my friend Ales Cesen, no less the son of the famous Tomo Cesen
 Nadir khan 24 Apr 2014
In reply to Roberttaylor: i was out there climbing a few years ago , the rock is unacceptably loose and i wouldnt go back there again , dont know if thats what you wanted to hear though , for my money , the dolomites are better climbing on better rock . But saying that , the N face of Spik has to be one of the most awesome looking lines I've ever seen

OP Roberttaylor 24 Apr 2014
In reply to Nadir khan:

Cheers! Yeah, but it is good to know. Judging by this and aninash1981s photos perhaps winter is the time to go.

R
 nation1 06 May 2014

Ales cesen was my guide on my first alpine trip n Switzerland. Hell of a nice guy and a savage climber. It was a pleasure being in his company
 Duco 03 Jun 2014

Well it really depends on what you're interested in. The rock quality is indeed generally pretty bad, but you can find good rock in Julians as well (especially in the western part). And there are many long routes which make for quite an adventure, plus it's way less crowded than the Dolomites.

I think the biggest problem for you will be getting any useful info/literature in English. Anyway, if you decide to come, feel free to contact me, I could provide you with some info, topos, etc.!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...