UKC

Quarry for sale

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Ander 09 Jun 2014
Had a quick search, couldn't see that this had been picked up...
http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-28493097.html?utm_sou...

Fatclimber 09 Jun 2014
In reply to Ander:

Not the first time it's been up for sale in the last few years. If I remember correctly last time around it was considerably cheaper.
Removed User 09 Jun 2014
In reply to Fatclimber:

Correct.
 JIMBO 09 Jun 2014
In reply to Ander:

Why don't we all chip in £2 and donate it to the BMC?
 The Pylon King 09 Jun 2014
In reply to JIMBO:

Who is we?
 JIMBO 09 Jun 2014
In reply to The Pylon King:

We.... 'climbers'
 The Potato 09 Jun 2014
In reply to Ander:

lets do some maths.....

£150000/£2 = 75000 climbers need to donate.

Somehow I dont see that happening man
Anyway, where the hell is Chepstow?
 The Pylon King 09 Jun 2014
In reply to ow arm:

75000 Sport Climbers
 lost1977 09 Jun 2014
In reply to ow arm:

somewhere between bristol and newport (on the welsh side)
 mack 10 Jun 2014
In reply to Ander:

Already? It's only been about a year since it was bought.. and then it was only ~£85000.
Lovely quarry though with some nice little climbs
=)
pasbury 10 Jun 2014
In reply to Ander:

The listing says 'You will need an open mind an inspirational architect with of course a healthy bank account, but armed with these and the necessary planning consents you could create the perfect home'

Could anyone really build a house in there? Or are they talking about the land at the top?
 whenry 10 Jun 2014
In reply to pasbury: I wouldn't have thought there was enough land at the top to build a house without it being uncomfortably close to the fairly loose clifftop.
Removed User 10 Jun 2014
In reply to mack:

Not so. I think the last time it was sold was around 2002, then at about £3000. It has been continuously for sale for the last five years or so, though the agent and the asking price have changed
 Ffion Blethyn 10 Jun 2014
In reply to Ander:

It's been resold a lot. I wonder if it proved difficult to get planning permission? For £3000 it would have made a nice buy for a local club.
Removed User 10 Jun 2014
In reply to Ffion Blethyn:

I think the following is accurate:

mid 80s £1,000

mid 90s £20,000

2002 £3,000 (from the Receiver)

Yes, planning permission is very difficult and so far all applications (for a variety of possible uses) have been turned down flat.

Added to that is the problem of even an owner's vehicular access, which is limited to the existing lane we walk up, and the considerable expense of maintaining the fencing along the OD path (currently in an appalling state) and public liability insurance.
 Ffion Blethyn 10 Jun 2014
In reply to Removed UserJohn Willson:

Ah, so an "inspiritational architect" really wasn't an exaggeration by the estate agent?
 mack 11 Jun 2014
In reply to Removed UserJohn Willson:

How very strange! So this quarry has been 'For Sale' several times since 2002 and never changed hands? Doesn't property price usually drop when difficult to shift? This one was definitely on sale for ~85k not long ago and is now almost double the price.
Any ideas why they have upped the price? Seems very illogical if they want to shift it.
=)
 mattrm 11 Jun 2014
In reply to mack:

Cause they reckon that someone'll be daft enough to come along and buy it. Probably hope someone will do a Grand Design type job on it.

Bit like the folks down my road putting their house up for £160k when I bought mine for £100k. Never going to sell it, but they seem to think that's what it's worth.
 Kemics 11 Jun 2014
In reply to Ander:

Definitely some great views from up there...and good access to GO wall

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...