UKC

The hacking trial

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Tyler 24 Jun 2014
Any surprise that Rebekah Brookes (friend of the PM) got off or am I reading conspiracies where none exist?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-27997688

krikoman 24 Jun 2014
In reply to Tyler:

You old cynic you tut tut.
 cander 24 Jun 2014
In reply to Tyler:

If you or I were on the same jury - would the fact that the defendant is a friend of the Prime minister make any difference to the our verdict? It wouldn't to mine.
 MG 24 Jun 2014
In reply to cander:

And in any case of the two I would have thought Coulson getting off would be have been more useful to Cameron.
 The New NickB 24 Jun 2014
In reply to Tyler:

I would have thought the whole point of the Murdock funded defence was to protect Murdock, Brookes was too close to Murdock to be found guilty, Coulson was expendable.
 Escher 24 Jun 2014
In reply to The New NickB:

> Brookes was too close to ...Murdock... to be found guilty,...

Nice Freudian spelling. Sadly, the closest we'll ever see him to the dock is the select committee hearing he attended.
OP Tyler 24 Jun 2014
In reply to cander:

> If you or I were on the same jury - would the fact that the defendant is a friend of the Prime minister make any difference to the our verdict? It wouldn't to mine.

Possibly but not in her favour! I guess, as someone will no doubt be along to point out, without sitting through every day of evidence there's no way of knowing if she dodged a bullet or was dragged through an unnecessary show trial. I have my views but can't be arsed fielding all the pious responses on here along the lines of "you weren't in court, you can't know" to articulate them.
 alastairmac 24 Jun 2014
In reply to Tyler:

Country supper in the Cotswolds to celebrate with clueless Dave, Rebecca ,Jeremy Clarkson and chums......... all in it together?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...