UKC

Well done Shauna

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 john arran 28 Jun 2014
Even though she must privately be pretty gutted to get so close and still not win the World Cup Series it's a brilliant achievement to come second in the world and to do so with such grace. A real role model and one that I hope will inspire a great many youngsters.
Good luck next year too.
 steve taylor 29 Jun 2014
In reply to john arran:

Well said John - the final was gripping right down to the last problem.

Next year will be Shauna's year!
In reply to john arran:

Yeah , well said John. It's been great watching the World Cup this year!
 Puppythedog 29 Jun 2014
In reply to john arran:

I completely agree with you John. In keeping with how she seems when in interviews, when mrsthedog and I met her briefly at Kendal she was a lovely young lady, kind and gracious. We have loved cheering her on this season even though mrsthdog is not a climber she has been getting right into it.

Well done Shauna, a great achievement even more because it seems that all the competitors are friends to each other as well as opponents.
 treerik 01 Jul 2014
In reply to john arran:

completely agree with you john and also a love the fact as puppythedog said that all the athletes seem to be good friends as well as competitors.

i liked the bit in the penultimate round when jan hojer brushed the holds for shauna on her problem, it seemed to be a moment of 'this is of course a serious competition, but also meant to be fun, and we're all climbers and friends here'
 JLS 01 Jul 2014
In reply to john arran:

>"it's a brilliant achievement to come second in the world"

Indeed it is. But let's not forget there's another bite at the cherry in August for that "best in the world" claim.

Given how close the top handful are, it wouldn't take much of a swing in form for any of them to win the World Champs in Munich. Two months is plenty time to either go off the boil or lift it a level.

I'm hoping Shauna is psyched for training and can get it done.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...