UKC

recommend me a climber van...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 pebbles 30 Jul 2014
Thinking of joining the van owners and getting a van to do a very basic conversion on (just a boxed out bed platform really), want something reliable (will be doing some long drives, not a lot of about town), good mpg, not too expensive, oh and relatively small is critical, as it has to park in my front yard (street parking down my street is cutthroat). I'm only little (163 cm/ 5'4") so small is fine! So humming and haa-ing and thinking optioms are....Renault Kangoo, peugot partner (liking the sound of the grip control package for winter)mercedes citan (surprisingly budget option). vw caddy obvious reliability choice but a tad pricy. Would be very interested in the thoughts of anyone who already has, or has had one of these, good or bad.

Rick Graham 30 Jul 2014
In reply to pebbles:

At 5' 4" you can doss full stretch in virtually any van without the faff of moving the front seats forward.

Partner/ Berlingo ideal but look at the other thread for engine problems/costs.

Not convinced about the grip control package just get winter tyres and ABS.
OP pebbles 30 Jul 2014
In reply to Rick Graham:

which thread - this one? "Anyone drive a Renault Trafic, Vivaro etc?"
 Rick Graham 30 Jul 2014
In reply to pebbles:

" 2nd hand Citroen Berlingo Diesel - which engine for economy? "

Can't link it but see "my posts"
OP pebbles 30 Jul 2014
In reply to pebbles:

or citroen berlingo of course! knew there was one I'd missed off the list
OP pebbles 30 Jul 2014
In reply to Rick Graham:

ta! hmm, food for thought there. second hand citan looks a suprisingly good option...
OP pebbles 31 Jul 2014
In reply to pebbles:

anyone using a ford transit connect?
 bigdrew 31 Jul 2014
In reply to pebbles:

Yeah I've got no complaints with my connect. It is a LWB version but you would be fine with a SWB.. Drop me an E-mail if you want some pictures of the 'conversion'

Only thing is it is a van so insurance and ferry costs will be more than a people carrier / Berlingo car thing..

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...