UKC

Lunatic preaching in Cheddar Gorge

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Is that fellow with the loud voice, the staff and the curious views about eternity often there? Strikes me as a good case for a water cannon.

And on another theme, what's with those tosspots in pink helmets riding their blasted motorbikes through the Gorge revving their engines and tooting their horns? Was there some kind of Homosexual Bikers Against Peace event taking place today, or are they also a regular feature?

jcm
 mack 14 Sep 2014
In reply to johncoxmysteriously:

You get charity runs by bikers now and then but many weekends it's little boys in their cars with extremely loud exhausts driving very fast up and down the gorge road. It's a wonder that none of the walkers have been injured or killed considering that much of the walking has to be done on the road itself.
In reply to deepstar:
Aha; thank you. What a pity they don't have a feedback form. A***holes.

Still, presumably at least it's only once a year.

jcm
Post edited at 00:26
Clauso 15 Sep 2014

> Is that fellow with the loud voice, the staff and the curious views about eternity often there? Strikes me as a good case for a water cannon.

Genuine LOL!...

On the subject of pink motorcyclists; invite them for a game of chess. I believe they love it.

pasbury 15 Sep 2014
In reply to mack:

Oh how I wish the gorge to be free of that bloody road.
 toad 15 Sep 2014
In reply to pasbury:

oddly, the only time I've been to cheddar was a couple of years ago when it was closed to cars because of flooding. Very tranquil!
 AlanLittle 15 Sep 2014

> Lunatic preaching in Cheddar Gorge

Why isn't this the name of a route as I initially assumed?

Get to work, Cheddar locals.
 duncan 16 Sep 2014

You could comment here:
https://www.facebook.com/TheBraRide?fref=ts

The lunatic preacher doesn't appear to have a facebook page.
In reply to duncan:

So I could. Thanks. I can also email Breakthrough Breast Cancer and let them know my views. Maybe a few of us could.

Anyway, the Facebook chap wants to know if I am 'one of the people we've annoyed in some way'. I can't have made my position clear enough. Unlike me. I'll have to try again.

jcm
 Dave Garnett 16 Sep 2014

> Is that fellow with the loud voice, the staff and the curious views about eternity often there? Strikes me as a good case for a water cannon.
>

Perhaps he should be directed to the Rock of Ages in Burrington Combe. There he would have some nice historical context and would irritate fewer people. Fewer climbers anyway.
Post edited at 13:25
 neilwiltshire 16 Sep 2014

What exactly is the problem here? You don't want road users to use the road or you're homophobic?
In reply to neilwiltshire:

I don't want 150 motorbikes roaring though beauty spots honking their horns. I don't know how to explain it more clearly. If you don't think that's antisocial, good for you.

jcm

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...