UKC

Friend looking for club in Cornwall

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Caralynh 03 May 2015
Hi all, a colleague is relocating to Cornwall (Padstow/Wadebridge area) and is interested in learning, and has asked me how to get started. Any clubs which would be able to show a novice the ropes, or other offers of help over the summer?
Thanks!
 Tom Last 04 May 2015
In reply to Caralynh:

Hi Caralyn.

There's the Cornwall Climbing Club, which has I think Tuesday night meets. It might sound like the best option, but I'm pretty sure they're based mainly in the West.

There's another newer club, 4 Points Climbing (who have an active Facebook page), they are really active, although I think they prefer the committing adventurous side of things, so might not be great for beginners. That said, they seem a friendly bunch so could be worth a shot.

The other Facebook page is West Cornwall Training and Bouldering, which sounds counter intuitive for a beginner in North Cornwall, but seems to yield the odd climbing partnership.

Lastly The Barn climbing wall won't be too far for your friend (actually just in Devon) or Magic Wood climbing wall in St Neot on the edge of Bodmin Moor. Much of Cornwall and west Devon's climbing 'scene' revolves around these two venues.

HTH.
Tom
OP Caralynh 04 May 2015
In reply to Tom Last:

Thanks for that Tom, I'll pass on the info

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...