UKC

italian sportive medical cert

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 davy_boy 07 Jun 2015
I have entered into this years maratona des dolomites and have now received an email stating that i need to have a medical certificate stating that i am fit enough to enter and signed by a doctor or have a full uci race license.
problem i have is i work offshore and will not be able to see a doctor before i fly out to Italy does anybody have any experience of how strict they are for checking these out ?
Would they accept my offshore medical certificate even though it doesn't state anything about cycling ?
In reply to davy_boy:

I can't see why on earth they would accept it,they're for totally different things!
OP davy_boy 07 Jun 2015
In reply to nickinscottishmountains:

well it is an actual physical medical unlike a letter from a doctor which seems to be the other option
In reply to davy_boy:

An employment medical isn't anything to do with a medical for a specific endurance event!
OP davy_boy 07 Jun 2015
In reply to nickinscottishmountains:

well i was only asking do u really need to keep using exclamation marks after every comment ?
In reply to davy_boy:

No!
 LastBoyScout 08 Jun 2015
In reply to davy_boy:

I went to all that trouble for the Etape 2012 - a friend of mine is a cardiologist, so agreed to do the med certs for all of us. Cue trip up to London to see her, interesting echo of my ticker and a few questions, resulting in a formal letter from her.

Needn't have bothered for the amount of attention the staff actually paid it at registration. Bear in mind that they are un-trained volunteers in a foreign language with a queue of people behind you - how much attention do you think they'll give it, other than it's there, along with your proof of ID and entry? They're hardly going to write to your doctor to check.

Assuming you don't have any specific medical reasons why you might have any problems, make up something formal-looking and sign it yourself - I'm sure plenty of others will have done just that.

JLS 08 Jun 2015
In reply to davy_boy:
Looks like £77 in total for British cycling Silver membership (£41) and a full race licence (£36)...
https://www.britishcycling.org.uk/membership/race/silver

... splash the cash and the medical certificate hassle has gone.
Post edited at 10:07
OP davy_boy 09 Jun 2015
Cheers guys nice to get some usefull comments for a change. Will probably knock something up then have spoke to a few cyclists who do this every year for the etape event.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...