UKC

NEWS: First 8b for Madeleine Cope

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 19 Aug 2015
Madeleine Cope, 4 kbSheffield-based climber Madeleine Cope has redpointed her first 8b with an ascent of Love Amongst the Butterflies at Chee Dale's Cornice. Madeleine was working the route alongside Michaela Tracy, who also succeeded and made it her second 8b to date.

Read more
 john arran 19 Aug 2015
In reply to Steve nevers:

If you know of any that haven't been reported I'm sure UKC would be interested in reporting them!
8b is still very close to cutting edge by UK women's standards and is pretty bloody hard even by men's standards, so definitely more than newsworthy.
In reply to Steve nevers:

Good effort Maddie!

According to this geeky list on UKB only 14 british women have climbed 8b or harder in the last 5 years: http://ukbouldering.com/board/index.php/topic,25986.75.html.

Seems pretty newsworthy to me.
 Toccata 19 Aug 2015
In reply to Tom Ripley Mountain Guide:

Startling omission of Rachel Farmer from the list! Perhaps someone registered with UKB can mention it
 malx 19 Aug 2015
In reply to Toccata:

Maybe read the thread title more carefully.
 Jack Geldard 19 Aug 2015
In reply to UKC News:

Well done Maddie!

GDes 20 Aug 2015
Good stuff maddy and michaela!

stp 20 Aug 2015
In reply to Toccata:

> Startling omission of Rachel Farmer from the list!

Yeah I thought that when I first saw it. But I think it only covers the past 5 years which is why she's omitted.
 Toccata 21 Aug 2015
In reply to stp:

> Yeah I thought that when I first saw it. But I think it only covers the past 5 years which is why she's omitted.

Fair cop. Makes the list even more impressive.
 AdamBrown 25 Aug 2015
In reply to UKC News:

Congrats Maddie!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...