UKC

Which Sheifield wall for Beastmaker 1000?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 JLS 15 Sep 2015
In which Sheifield wall will I find a Beastmaker 1000, a wall that is also quiet enough day time mid week that I'll be able to hog said bit of apparatus for an hour or so?

Am I likely to find an Auto-belay in said same wall?
 deacondeacon 15 Sep 2015
In reply to JLS:
Awesome walls has beastmakers, auto belays and it's nice and quiet in the day. It also has a really good woody. Bouldering circuits too, if you don't fancy the autobelays.
The woody, bouldering and circuits are better and more varied at the works though, so it depends if busyness is a main factor.
They also both have good campus boards.
 GravitySucks 15 Sep 2015
In reply to JLS:

The Works has three or four Beastmaker boards, although the auto belay is probably unnecessary (but they do have an excellent circuit board - for endurance work!)
OP JLS 15 Sep 2015
In reply to deacondeacon:

Cheers for the intel.
OP JLS 15 Sep 2015
In reply to GravitySucks:

Thanks.

johncook 15 Sep 2015
In reply to deacondeacon: Awesome also have a very cheap lunchtime session. 11:30 til 2. £4.00 inc drink!

In reply to johncook:

Whereas the Works is half price at lunchtime (Hour of Power) which is £3.00 for 'normal' customers. And free brews if you walk/cycle/bus it.
OP JLS 15 Sep 2015
In reply to Graeme Alderson:

The Works is currently winning on location as it appear to be easier to get to from the Peak...
 deacondeacon 16 Sep 2015
In reply to JLS:

If you're coming from the peak then just head to the works. Not worth traipsing over town in my opinion. The works is still brilliant, although you could just go to minus ten
 johncook 16 Sep 2015
In reply to deacondeacon: Please don't go to minus ten. The bottom 'bouldering' part of the wall is knackered, making the starts of some good routes very polished.

deacondeacon 16 Sep 2015
In reply to johncook:

> Please don't go to minus ten.
Err, no. I'll carry on going to minus ten thanks.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...