UKC

Woman's World Cup (spoiler)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Chris the Tall 26 Sep 2015
Whoohoo ! What a finish by Lizzie armistead ! Well worth switching over from the rugby
In reply to Chris the Tall:

Sorry, should title should World championships- she's already won the World Cup!

Sadly, I think this fantastic achievement will be overshadowed by the rugby
 The New NickB 26 Sep 2015

> Sadly, I think this fantastic achievement will be overshadowed by the rugby

What Rugby! We were watching the cycling online in this house. Fantastically exiting last lap, didn't look like she had a chance until close to the last climb up Libby Hill.
In reply to The New NickB:

It didn't even get a mention on the news - ok there was a big rugby game and the usual football, but they had time for formula one qualifying FFS !!!!

It was a brilliant race by Lizzie - she didn't panic when it looked like she'd missed the crucial move and had no team mates to help her, nor when it looked like she was going to have to lead out the sprint.

Pretty impressive season, especially after that horrible crash in June. Will probably get half an inch on page 16 of tomorrow's supplements
She's never out of the limelight if you compare her to Rachel Atherton. Great ride though. Awesome!
Post edited at 23:05
 The New NickB 26 Sep 2015

Pretty disgraceful that it didn't get a mention on the news!
 The New NickB 27 Sep 2015

Another great race tonight! Sagan's interview was even more entertaining.

Only caught the last 5 mins so I'll have to watch the highlights - my money was on Degenkolb with Sagan and GVA battling it out for second, but really pleased to see him finally get a big win under his belt. My wife will enjoy the interview - she has a bit of soft spot for him !

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...