UKC

Jekyll and Hyde

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Did any one else see this on ITV on Sunday what did we think.

Apparently it received over 200 complaints to ITV and the offcom watchdog.

It was abit freaky and violent kinda, doctor who/league of extraordinary gentlemen/ indian summers/ peaky blinders without the swearing.

I think ITV have been quite clever/sneaky because although on the surface it seems inappropriate for the time slot when going through a box ticking exercise I think it will be found to be ok.

Andy Morley 27 Oct 2015
In reply to Hannah S:

> Did any one else see this on ITV on Sunday what did we think.

> Apparently it received over 200 complaints to ITV and the offcom watchdog.

Does that mean that it was actually something worth watching, or did it just press lots of buttons to get attention?
 Only a hill 27 Oct 2015
In reply to Andy Morley:

It was ok -- not spectacular, but it's taken the Jekyll and Hyde tale in a different direction, even if it is reminiscent of The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen (and plenty of other similar things).
 Clarence 27 Oct 2015
In reply to Hannah S:

I enjoyed it although I can see how it might have warranted a slightly later slot. The violence was cartoonish and the worst of it was implied but that dog/human thing gave me a slight start - very Clive Barker. No worse than Dr Who really and a lot less scary than a typical days news.
 JohnnyW 27 Oct 2015
In reply to Hannah S:

No, maybe I'm a wimp, but I found it quite disturbing, and inappropriate for the time of day. Maybe it's my advancing age?
 steveriley 27 Oct 2015
In reply to JohnnyW:

Apart from the violence it actually felt very 'cosy Sunday night drama slot' in many ways. Shame, I had higher hopes with Charlie Higson. Liked the concept but a bit ploddy in execution.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...