UKC

OI NEWS: The Castle: Our story at 20

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Gear 02 Nov 2015
The Castle Climbing Centre, 4 kbMany people still remember The Castle when it was just 1 floor of climbing and a small band of climbers keeping it going. 20 years on and the climbing areas and the community have grown!

Last week we celebrated our birthday with the biggest Castle party to date and this week we've released a film charting the history of the place: 20 years of The Castle Climbing Centre. 

Read more
 pneame 02 Nov 2015
In reply to UKC Gear:

That was an inspiring vid - shows what's achievable with vision, hard work, a willingness to compromise etc etc.

I love these re-purposed old buildings
 Tom Last 02 Nov 2015
In reply to UKC Gear:

Bloody good wall The Castle.
 Mike Highbury 02 Nov 2015
In reply to pneame:
> I love these re-purposed old buildings

Still not a flying butress.
 Trangia 02 Nov 2015
In reply to UKC Gear:

What an interesting and inspiring video.

Well done the Castle Team. Such a pity that you are such a bloody long way from where I live

Now, how about finding another challenge south of the Thames?
 leewil86 02 Nov 2015
In reply to UKC Gear:

great story and effort even though i will never get those 13 minutes of my life back.
 niggle 03 Nov 2015
In reply to UKC Gear:

It's a nice vid but it seems a little odd to go to all that trouble then not actually show what it looks like inside now!

Good idea though, I should probably speak to Ratho and see if they fancy something similar.
 James B 23 Nov 2015
In reply to UKC Gear:

Great little video: interesting insights into the history of that bizarre building, and good to learn about plans for the future of the wall

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...