UKC

Low

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 aln 24 Nov 2015
I'd always liked music of theirs I heard here n there but never bought any. Recently bought the new album as part of a deal and I love it. I want more. Ordered the Great Destroyer which I hear is great but different from their usual sound. What's their best?
 cragtyke 24 Nov 2015
In reply to aln:

Things We Lost in The Fire is really good, I was listening to it again this morning. The Great Destroyer is good as well.
OP aln 24 Nov 2015
In reply to cragtyke:

> Things We Lost in The Fire

That rings a bell. Thanks
 malky_c 25 Nov 2015
In reply to aln:

I only have The Great Destroyer but it's pretty good. I think it has a reputation as their 'noisy' album but all things are relative! Must get some of the others.
 nufkin 27 Nov 2015
In reply to aln:

+ 1 for 'Things We Lost…'

Also, 'A Lifetime of Temporary Relief' has some good stuff - but I don't think it'd be on Spotify or similar so you might have to put some effort into finding it
OP aln 02 Dec 2015
In reply to aln:

I bought The Great Destroyer. I like it but I prefer the new one. Think I'll try Things We Lost... next.
In reply to aln:

I love Low. In rough order of greatness, I'd rank the albums of theirs I own (best first) as:

Things We Lost In The Fire
Ones And Sixes
I Could Live In Hope (really hard to find, but brilliant, especially Lullaby, which is my favourite song of theirs)
Trust
The Great Destroyer
Drums And Guns
C'Mon

A Lifetime Of Temporary Relief is a wonderful collection of out-takes and rarities (including a wonderfully low-key (arf) documentary) but definitely one for the serious fan only.

Their Christmas album is also wonderful, if a bit of a novelty. Just Like Christmas is obviously the best Christmas song ever (even if it's actually about how it isn't Christmas at all).

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...