UKC

Snap Grand Wrap

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Brendan 01 Dec 2015
I'm considering buying a Snap Grand Wrap pad, I used my mate's and it seemed really good.

Was just wondering what folk think of Snap pads and whether they think there is anything better on the market?

In reply to Brendan:

They are good pads to fall on and I like the variable landing. I've owned the P'tit Wrap for 9 months and it has had regular use with no signs of foam or material degradation yet). The downside is the Velcro closure straps in terms of getting dirt in them and the bottom one being too long/failing at preventing small items slipping through and a lack of waist belt if carrying over longer distances.

If having a hinged pad is an option.. I'd recommend looking at the Organic Full pads now that they are over in the UK - cheaper than the Wrap's and with the best foam by a country mile (they can also house a Half Pad and base pad inside the adjustable cover for a neat setup).

The Ocun Paddy Dominator and Moonwalk are good alternatives too at a slightly lower price bracket (think beefed up highball).
 rickeden 02 Dec 2015
In reply to Brendan

Snap are the best pads on the market by far for me. The foam lasts for years I have a pad which is several years old and still going strong. I like the rubber on the bottom, especially on wet ground.
In reply to Brendan:

I've just about worn out a Snap Wrap, but it has taken a lot of hammer over a number of years, and has been all over Europe. I'll replace like for like with a new one. It's good and firm for highballs, and my back really appreciates the fact that it's compliant for sit/lie down starts or low roofs.
The grand wrap is a monster, so make sure you can physically get it in the car. The rest of their pad range is also excellent. Very well made, good large size, and about the best out there.
The only pad to come close is the Moon Saturn, which again is well made. I just find it jars all my old bones on low overhanging problems, but if you've other compliant pads on top of it it's excellent.
Ysgo 02 Dec 2015
In reply to Richard Hession:

Sound advice. The Organic pads are (in my opinion) the best pads on the market. The foam will outlast anything currently available, and probably even last longer than Snap pads from 10 years ago (it's worth noting that Snap foam used to be the gold standard, but is a bit softer these days). They also put a memory foam layer on top for a more gradual catch, and softness when landing on your back. Plus the colour scheme varies from mat to mat, so no chance of accidentally walking off with your mates like used to happen with the Franklin Dropzone, and more recently the DMM Highball.

As Rich says the Big Pad from Organic is also better value, and hinged so you don't need to store it flat. I'd like it to have a stickier base like the Snap mats, but the foam wins it for me.
OP Brendan 21 Dec 2015
In reply to Richard Hession:

Ok, I've gone with the majority and ordered an organic pad. I'll let you know what I think when it arrives.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...