UKC

REVIEW: Organic Big Pad

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Gear 14 Dec 2015
The author on Rowe's Arete (7a), Black Hill Tor, 3 kbRob Greenwood reviews the Organic Big Pad and concludes that it is, indeed very BIG (and very good)

Read more
In reply to UKC Gear: All these photos that show how to use the pad (i.e. open it and put it on the ground) imply that the pad can only be used on routes of f7a or harder. As a result I won't be buying it.

In reply to Frank the Husky:
Sorry Martin, I should have interspersed them with more of me drinking coffee + eating sandwiches. I did do a fair amount of this, but foolishly didn't include them - next time... For the record, it performed well in this category

With regards to the piccies/grades, I've updated the article with a nice 5+ especially for you: Easdon Slab at Easdon Rocks (it's a beaut!).
Post edited at 14:08
 galpinos 14 Dec 2015
In reply to Frank the Husky:

Maybe if you bought one you'd suddenly be able to cruise problems that were F7a or harder?
In reply to galpinos:

I have had a good run of form lately, but had perhaps - somewhat misguidedly - attributed this to training/hard-work...

galpinos 14 Dec 2015
In reply to Rob Greenwood - UKClimbing:

Naive, we all know if you want to get better, you need the newest gear. Otherwise, why would do all us keyboard weekend warriors keep buying it...........
 wbo 14 Dec 2015
In reply to UKC Gear: Are those pics photoshopped to boost the colours....

Or is Rowtor rocks really that green?

Wft 14 Dec 2015
In reply to UKC Gear:

Really nice pictures Rob
In reply to wbo:
Nope, pretty limited photoshopping throughout - I'm pretty strict with keeping things that way.

With regards to Rowtor the answer is yes, it really is that green! The colours within the other shots - most notably the one of Deliverance and West Side Story - just came down to a bit of luck (and timing). The former was on one of those weird days, where there were phenomenally dark skies with the occasional blast of intense sunlight; the latter (of WSS) was during an early morning session at Burbage West, something we had intentionally gone out to get.
Post edited at 16:08
 danm 14 Dec 2015
In reply to Rob Greenwood - UKClimbing:

Nice review and great photos Robbie. The one of Deliverance especially - wow!
 wbo 14 Dec 2015
In reply to Rob Greenwood - UKClimbing: Just jesting re. the colours. And yes, good pictures, esp Deliverance

JohnWoodrow 15 Dec 2015
In reply to UKC Gear:

It's perhaps worth knowing to some that the moon saturn is both thicker and longer than this pad by 1.3cm and 8cm respectively, and only shorter in width by 1cm.
 alasdair19 21 Dec 2015
In reply to UKC Gear:

how does the pad design compare with the air cell ones.
Ysgo 21 Dec 2015
In reply to JohnWoodrow:

> It's perhaps worth knowing to some that the moon saturn is both thicker and longer than this pad by 1.3cm and 8cm respectively, and only shorter in width by 1cm.

Which in turn is 1cm thinner than the Snap Wrap/Grand Wrap. Personally I would choose either Organic or Snap over Moon. Quality, and longevity seem better IMO.

In reply to alasdair19:

Having owed an Organic, and used mate's Wraps, I'd say that they work quite similarly. They both try to reduce the bounce you get with normal pads, by using better quality foams than everyone else. The Wrap does it by using a super soft foam and air holes in individual cells (go to Outside in Hathersage to see one). It gets harder the harder you land on it. I understand that Organic does it by using soft foam on top of the hard foam to start the deceleration, plus really good quality memory foam underneath. I chose Organic as I see it lasting me 7-10 years, incredible build quality, fantastic colour schemes, and I prefer hinged pads to "Taco style".

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...