UKC

NEWS: 9a+ and 9a the same day by Megos

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 02 Jan 2016
Alex Megos on First Ley, 9a+, Margalef, 5 kbAlex Megos finished 2015 by repeating First round, first minute, 9b. He started 2016 by repeating First Ley, 9a+, and then making the first ascent of La Ley Indignata, 9a, both in Margalef.

What a FIRST day of the year yesterday! Did the linkup "First Ley" 9a+ and the first ascent (?!) of "La...

Read more
 sev 02 Jan 2016
In reply to UKC News:

What do you mean by "he will soon be reporting VS's"?

nastyned 02 Jan 2016
In reply to UKC News:

I think they mean he's going to give trad a go.
 La benya 02 Jan 2016
In reply to sev:

9b > 9a+ > 9a > etc etc. I think he was trying to be funny?
 liotr 02 Jan 2016
In reply to mark_wellin:

> 9b > 9a+ > 9a > etc etc. I think he was trying to be funny?

Or maybe, at that rate he will run out of hard routes...
DanGreb 02 Jan 2016
In reply to UKC News:

Incredible stuff! Megos is truly on another level compared to everyone else.
 andyinglis 02 Jan 2016
In reply to DanGreb:

Really..... not heard of Adam ondra?
DanGreb 02 Jan 2016
In reply to andyinglis:

I was referring to the speed with which he sends these climbs. I meant no offense to Ondra, Sharma, Ramonet, Amma etc. who are incredible climbers themselves. To me it seems like Megos he has taken it up a notch even compared to them.
 jsmcfarland 02 Jan 2016
In reply to UKC News:

Megos is coming for Ondra's crown. It's just a matter of time : ) What a beast!
 AJM 02 Jan 2016
In reply to DanGreb:

There's probably a reason that these particular ones have been done together in a short period - first round first minute shares its start with first ley, which is a linkup between first round first minite and la ley indignata, from what I remember of the topo.

And of course all the routes are pretty short on that bit of wall which means the number of new moves to learn each time is more limited.

Not to say it isn't very impressive - I've stood underneath frfm and it looks utterly ridiculous - but theres probably a reason why these particular three have gone down so quickly one after another rather than any other random trio of Spanish 9s.
 stp 02 Jan 2016
In reply to DanGreb:

> To me it seems like Megos he has taken it up a notch even compared to them.

Agreed Megos is an incredible climber but don't forget Ondra did a 9b F.A. recently in just 3 days and says he feels stronger than ever, not to mention flashing font 8c as well this year. It will also be interesting to see what he does this year as he said he's not competing to focus on rock: 9c perhaps? And Sharma did last years hardest route with his F.A. of El Bon Combat.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...