UKC

where do folks stay to climb at almscliff/brimham?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 pebbles 15 Mar 2016

oddly enough, I dont know the answer to this because I only live an hour away. But being as almscliff is a crag of national interest, some of you guys from much further away must have visited...so where do you stay when you do so? any good campsites recommended? or bunkhouses?

Am asking because I'd like to show off our wonderful crags to some poor deprived southerners and the like ;-D
Post edited at 16:28
 hokkyokusei 15 Mar 2016
In reply to pebbles:

Stubbins Farm, is just down the road (from Almscliffe) in Otley. Not stayed there myself as I am also local.
https://stubbingsfarmcampsite.wordpress.com/stubbings-farm-campsite/
 muppetfilter 15 Mar 2016
In reply to pebbles:

Do you intend to scare them so comprehensivley that they never venture past the Watford Gap to climb ever again?
 Bulls Crack 15 Mar 2016
In reply to pebbles:

They shouldn't stray off the road.
OP pebbles 15 Mar 2016
In reply to muppetfilter:

I simply wish to introduce them to the joys of proper grit climbing requiring the use of all body parts at once plus outsize cams.
 BnB 16 Mar 2016
In reply to pebbles:

> I simply wish to introduce them to the joys of proper grit climbing requiring the use of all body parts at once plus outsize cams as aid.

FTFY

OP pebbles 16 Mar 2016
In reply to BnB:

no mate. thats Peak Climbing youre thinking of. We climb stuff properly in North Yorkshire
 lummox 16 Mar 2016
In reply to pebbles:

Am asking because I'd like to show off our wonderful crags to some poor deprived southerners and the like ;-D

Nooooooo- let them stay at Stanage like the rest of the M25 fodder ; )

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...