UKC

ARTICLE: The Unsung Hero #1 - Tim Rankin

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Articles 08 Apr 2016
Tim on the First Ascent of perfect Vacuum E8/9 6c, 4 kbIn the small world of British climbing, it's easy to assume that you know of everyone and their exploits, especially in your local area. A climber's achievements, projects, favourite climbing brands and even what they eat for breakfast can easily be discovered if you follow them on Facebook.

There are, however, a number of unsung heros operating below the social media radar; not only climbing cutting-edge grades but also venturing into the unknown, putting up new routes and discovering untouched rock in all corners of our tiny island. Scottish climber Tim Rankin is one such individual.

Read more
 ASharpe 08 Apr 2016
In reply to UKC Articles:

That's the thing about Tim. He could be climbing right next to you at the crag and you wouldn't even know he was there.
 Wft 08 Apr 2016

Nice interview
 Fraser 08 Apr 2016
In reply to ASharpe:

But what if he fell and nobody heard ... ?

Plus, from what I remember, he's a very useful beta monkey.
 MBean 09 Apr 2016
Great to see Tim being recognised for his efforts. He has been forging the pathway of hard climbing in the north east for all of us to follow. Years of hard work and searching definitely paid off..... As one of the many that sporadically climb with Tim jumping on his hard lines once bolted getting all the short man beta it's much appreciated. All this from a guy that rarely visits the climbing wall, youngsters take heed.

Keep it up, one day you can pass on the drill!
Post edited at 12:24
 GeorgT 10 Apr 2016

This helps invoke my faith in climbers; that perseverance, exploration and motivation keeps people keen for so long. Tim - what a legend.
 samwillo 10 Apr 2016

Great article, not only highlighting Tim's hard work and dedication but hopefully show casing the often underated NE crags. More of this UKC!
 bensilvestre 11 Apr 2016

Great article. Got to get me to sone of those crags!
 mark20 11 Apr 2016

Yep great article, more of these please UKC
 Steve Perry 11 Apr 2016
In reply to UKC Articles: Funny, I've just been to Tim's Heightec to do a course today then reading UKC on the train home find this article. Nice one.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...