UKC

Krukonogi vs BD fusion picks

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Alfie Maun 09 Apr 2016
Has anyone had any experience using both the Krukonogi armour steel picks compared to the BD fusion picks? At the moment the cheapest I can find (including shipping) is £36 each for the BD picks and £46.50 each for the Krukonogi ones, are the Krukonogi's worth the extra £10 per pick in terms of durability?
The picks will be used for mixed and dry tooling swapping to different ones for ice.

Also dose anyone know how the coding system works? At a guess I would have thought that the number in the code is how many degrees steeper they are compared to the stock picks, i.e PF0(A) is the same pick angle as the BD fusion pick and the PF2(A) is 2 degrees steeper.

Any input is much appreciated
All the best,
Alfie
Climber Phil 11 Apr 2016
In reply to amaun:
Hi Alfie. I've used krukonogi for years and think they're fantastic. For tooling I leave them standard, and for mixed I just back off the teeth a bit. I've some pf2a's in my fuels and the pick angle is very similar to the fusion picks. Happy to email you some overlay photos if it helps

olddirtydoggy 11 Apr 2016
In reply to amaun:
I've not personally used them but one of the Glenmore instructors rated them claiming much better durability.
Post edited at 17:11
 HeMa 11 Apr 2016
In reply to amaun:

PF0 has about the same pick angle as Fusion Ice.

PF1 I guess is the has about the same angle as BD Laser/Fusion.

And PF2 is more aggressive...

There's also a polish alternative, which is considerably cheaper than Krukonogi (around 25 Eur or so pick). I got those, but unfortunately did not have a change to test 'em. Not armor steel though...
OP Alfie Maun 16 Apr 2016
In reply to amaun:

Thanks for the replies, very helpful, I've splashed out on some PF2(A)'s

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...