UKC

PRODUCT NEWS: Climbskin Hand Cream

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Gear 13 Apr 2016
Dark Ventures, 2 kbClimbskin® is a young Spanish company created by a group of climbers who decided to pool their knowledge to create Climbskin® Hand Cream. We have a Ph.D in Chemistry, a Biologist with over ten years of experience in the manufacture of cosmetics and a nature-based health Physician who have created this unique product.

Read more
 Wft 13 Apr 2016
In reply to UKC Gear:

Sharma and Andrada look like they've just rolled out a pub.

Anyone got real world experience of using this stuff pre-climbing? Did you feel a difference?
 Dervey 13 Apr 2016
In reply to Wood for Trees:

I actually have, I was using this stuff sport climbing on the Costa Blanca a couple of years ago. It only remains greasy for a short while, after which the skin feels better than before.
 Wft 13 Apr 2016
In reply to Dervey:

Cool, thanks
 hms 13 Apr 2016
In reply to UKC Gear:

it is absolutely brilliant stuff. Helps stop hands sweating and can be applied before climbing (unlike greasy equivalents like ClimbOn).
 SteveSBlake 13 Apr 2016
In reply to Wood for Trees:

I think how well any of these products work is very 'personal'. I've tried all sorts of different stuff, but for me the best is Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula with Vitamin E. (NB In tubes, not the tub which is very greasy!).

Available in all Boots stores, cheap, (£1.29) non greasy, and (for me) very effective.

Of course, neither Dani A or Chris S have heard of it........

Steve
 Andy Say 13 Apr 2016
In reply to UKC Gear:
Lidl have just been selling Cien SOS hand concentrate for £1.99. Brilliant stuff!
Post edited at 16:12
 Andy Say 13 Apr 2016
In reply to UKC Gear:

And, having read the article, I recognise most of the ingredients; but where do they get the Dragon's blood from?
 Dark Ventures 13 Apr 2016
In reply to Andy Say:

Dragon’s Blood (Croton lechleri) is a tree of the Euphorbiaceae family. It can grow 30 to 80 feet tall, has heart-shaped shiny leaves, white-greenish flowers. It has its natural habitat in the Upper Amazon Basin of Peru, Ecuador and Brazil, in the mountain rainforests that grow between 4,000 and 10,000 feet of altitude. The healing capacity of its latex is well known since ancient times by the native inhabitants, although the first written reference to its medicinal properties dates back to the 17th century, reported by the Spanish naturalist Bernabé Cobo, after checking how the Indians used it to seal the wounds, stop infections and even speed the healing of bone fractures.
 Andy Say 13 Apr 2016
In reply to Dark Ventures:

You live. And you learn.
Ysgo 18 Apr 2016
In reply to UKC Gear:

Imagine how much more effective it would be if it wasn't watered down so much.

http://www.climbskin.com/en/Ingredients_Climbskin/2016_04_11/INCI_Ingredien...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...