UKC

Wildcountry new Syncro harness

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 brianjcooper 23 Apr 2016
Has anyone else had sizing problems with the new Wildcountry Syncro harness?

As I have an 85cm waist I would have to use the regular 77cm-102cm version, especially when wearing extra clothing in the winter. I found it impossible to fully tighten the belt as the stitching on the belt/harness would not allow this. In fact I was still able to put an ARM in the space between my body and the harness.

The Syncro is well made and has 7 gear loops, but having only two sizes restricts selection options.
 EddInaBox 23 Apr 2016
In reply to brianjcooper:

With an 85cm waist the Syncro should clearly fit you, I don't have any direct knowledge of the harness but I believe it has two waist buckles so quite a lot of adjustment, and Wild Country wouldn't make such a colossal error, however something similar has come up before. The webbing goes through keepers, slim straps sewn to the padded belt to keep it in place, without them, when adjusted towards the larger end of the harness's range, the ends of the padded belt have a tendency to ride up or down and poke out around the webbing, but at the lower end of the range you may have to remove the webbing from the buckles and pull it out of the last keeper. Alternatively are you trying to put the ends of the belt in front of the centre section, they should go behind.
OP brianjcooper 23 Apr 2016
In reply to EddInaBox:
Thanks for replying. I have an older Syncro and it fits perfectly. The new regular version does fit me but won't allow full syncing up.

It's where the belt and harness are sewn together that stops the 'belay loop section' from being tightened past that point. Hope I've explained that bit clearly.
Post edited at 15:57
 lundyman 06 May 2016

My new Syncro arrived today and I have the same sizing problem. I have 33" = 83-84cm waist so thought the regular size should be OK - with room for clothing in winter. But stitching of the waistband stops me being able to sinch it up tight enough to feel comfortably safe. It seems to me the regular size start is at least 87cm. I now need to swap the regular for a small, but then it may not have room for bulky clothing.
 Ben07 07 May 2016
In reply to lundyman:

I bought a wild country harness, just because they were £20 from rock n run. The design is really bad. The gear loops and belay loops can only be centralised if you have about a 15 inch waiste. Why wouldn't a company use floating waist where the buckle can move to any postitiln. Or even just have 2 buckles that, would solve the problem.
Maybe this was why they were selling the wild country harnesses really cheap?

In reply to Ben07:

20yrs ago Troll used the "tie dee" system, so obviously simple, centralized harness and gear loops.

Stuart
OP brianjcooper 08 May 2016
In reply to lundyman:
Thanks for answering. Just bought a DMM Renegade 2, which also has 7 gears loops and is much lighter.
I think WC got it wrong this time.

Regards
Brian
Post edited at 18:19
In reply to lundyman:
Yeah! I also found the small size too small as well. So bought the DMM Renegade 2 instead as mentioned above.
Post edited at 19:17
 Robert Durran 08 May 2016

> Just bought a DMM Renegade 2, which also has 7 gears loops and is much lighter.

Can anyone tell me whether the "extra" upper gear loops on the new Synchro are positioned between the two main gear loops or over the rear one (I can't find a photo)? On my original Synchro they were between. I loved this harness and replaced it after ten years with a "Summit", unfortunately purchased online without checking the loops, only to find they were over the rear main loops, which I found unsatisfactory. I have a Renegade for winter but, without the upper loop, I find the third loop too far back to be much use for a big rock rack.

In reply to Robert Durran:

Take a look at the picture of the new Synchro harness on the Wild Country website. It looks like the "extra" loops are above the two main ones on the sides. Probably better than the ones on the Renegade, but at least it fits properly!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...