UKC

Thank you Scarpa / Mountain Boot Co

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Brian Pollock 13 Jul 2016
Inspired by similar posts, I thought I should mention some excellent customer service I received from Scarpa / the Mountain Boot Co recently.

On a recent climbing trip I managed to burst the fabric eyelet on one of my Rebel Ultra boots. The boots are 3 years old and have seen a fair bit of use. I checked Scarpa's warranty which suggested they were only covered for 1 year so I was expecting a scrap when I got in touch with them.

I left a message on Scarpa UK's Facebook page. They responded within 24 hours and sent me a prepaid postage label to return the boots for inspection. A few days later they emailed me to say they were going to replace the boots and I received them just over a week from when I first contacted them.

They were a pleasure to deal with throughout.

Thanks Scarpa / Mountain Boot Co.
 splat2million 13 Jul 2016
In reply to Brian Pollock:

I had a great experience with Scarpa when a set of boots I had wore out very quickly (from fairly heavy use!) when they replaced them and allowed me to upgrade to some heavier boots.
I also had a really good experience buying and returning another set of boots (because they didn't fit) from Mountain Boot Co.
Great companies.
 angry pirate 13 Jul 2016

Many years ago when I worked in the trade, we almost never had returns with Scarpa boots. On the rare occasion we did the Mountain Boot Co couldn't have done more to sort it quickly. I always buy scarpa nowadays.

I also had excellent customer service from The Mountain Boot Co, regarding Grivel Tools.

Wobbly attatchment from pick to carbon composite shaft on Quantum Race, had been used several seasons, hammering pegs too! Within 10 days from originally contacting them, a brand new shiny Tech Machine arrived (just need to get another one to have matching pair now).

Stuart
 zimpara 13 Jul 2016

Sounds excellent! I only wish scarpas fitted my feet!
 Timmd 13 Jul 2016
In reply to zimpara:

> Sounds excellent! I only wish scarpas fitted my feet!

If you've found them too narrow and like the pinched your heels, they've brought out a 'comfort last', which according to my dad is the last they used before they went narrower and heel pinching (for some people).

Possibly the narrow fit is a 'continental one', but I'm only saying that because I've absorbed the marketing of British shoe companies about British people being given space to have wide feet - or something along those lines.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...