UKC

Sardinia query

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Carol B 25 Jul 2016
I am planning a trip to Sardinia. Can anyone tell me if you can walk from the centre of Cala Ganone to the climbing area or is car hire necessary? When looking at accomodation it is always described as how far an apartment is from the sea but not how far it is to the climbing area at Cala Ganone.
 Fatclimber 25 Jul 2016
In reply to Carol B:

Obviously depends which crag you want to go but you can get to a lifetimes worth of climbing (well perhaps a years) with not more than an hours walk.
 wintertree 25 Jul 2016
In reply to Carol B:

At least two places in easy walking distance - single and multi pitch sport. Hot going though.

Some also reachable by hire boat - kiosks at the harbour.
 Lankyman 26 Jul 2016
In reply to Carol B:
Unless things have changed since my last trip (a few years ago), you'll need a hire car to actually get to Cala Gonone. There are several crags within walking distance but if you want a change of scene then a car opens up many more possibilities including multi-pitch mountain routes eg Surtana and Monte Oddeu.
Here's the UKC crag map http://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/map/?q=Sardinia&x=9.344&y=39.972&z=10
Post edited at 16:35
OP Carol B 27 Jul 2016
In reply to Lankyman:

Thanks everyone. I deduce that I can walk easily to the rock at Cala Ganone without car hire. Most apartments offer to collect you from the airport consequently I am trying to avoid the expense of car hire. I have ordered the guide book from Needle Sports in Keswick so this may offer more information. Thanks again for all your kind replies.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...