UKC

NEWS: Fightclub, 9b, FA by Alex Megos

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC/UKH News 15 Aug 2016
Alex Megos on Fightclub, 9b, Canmore, Canada, 3 kbAlex Megos has made the first ascent of Fightclub at Canmore in Canada. He suggests 9b, which would make it the first of the grade in the country.

For Alex, it was the second of the grade after Chris Sharma's First round, first minute at Margalef which he climbed on New year's Eve last...

Read more
FrenchyZ 16 Aug 2016
In reply to UKC/UKH News:

What's with the route naming logic?
 HosteDenis 16 Aug 2016
In reply to FrenchyZ:

It's a joke by the author of the article referring to his previous two 9b's: First Round, First Minute and Fightclub. To stay in line with routenames related to fighting that are also famous (because of being movie titles /ali's famous fight), he could name his next climb Streetfighter. Or Mortal Combat I guess. Or Rocky.
 Toerag 16 Aug 2016
In reply to HosteDenis:

> he could name his next climb Streetfighter. Or Mortal Combat I guess. Or Rocky.

Or 'UKC religion thread'
 Wayne S 16 Aug 2016
In reply to Toerag:

But Alex has clearly forgotten the first rule of fight club!

stp 19 Aug 2016
In reply to UKC/UKH News:

Doesn't look that steep in the photo. World's slabbiest 9b?

Also interesting that they have enough good rock to just go out and bolt something just the right grade.
 AJM 19 Aug 2016
In reply to stp:

> Also interesting that they have enough good rock to just go out and bolt something just the right grade.

I think it's been a fairly well known problem by the locals so I suspect not an entirely random choice!
 winhill 19 Aug 2016
In reply to HosteDenis:

> It's a joke by the author of the article referring to his previous two 9b's: First Round, First Minute and Fightclub. To stay in line with routenames related to fighting that are also famous (because of being movie titles /ali's famous fight), he could name his next climb Streetfighter. Or Mortal Combat I guess. Or Rocky.

But Alex is sponsored by Cafe Kraft and one of it's nearest competitors must be the wall at Betzenstein called FightClub.

Perhaps he's naming routes after his sponsors' competitors.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...