UKC

Dolomites trip report

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 MrRiley 03 Sep 2016
Spent a brilliant couple of weeks in the Cortina area during August and enjoyed some great weather and routes. A trip report here with a bit of spiel but mostly pics:

http://www.mistymountainhop.net/2016/09/dolomiti-super-summer/

cheers,
Dave
 Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 03 Sep 2016
In reply to MrRiley:

Looks like a great trip - nice one

Chris
 Mike-W-99 03 Sep 2016
In reply to MrRiley:

Done quite a few of those. Looks like you had a great trip.
 James Rushforth Global Crag Moderator 04 Sep 2016
In reply to MrRiley:

Ah good blog and some great photos. Looks like you got a good amount done in the end.

Nice to bump into you at Rifugio Dibona!
 BenTiffin 04 Sep 2016
In reply to MrRiley:
Lovely write up, bringing back memories. Agreed re the crux on the Tofana being the bulge above that traverse. The West face - Dulfer - of the Cima Grande is well worth a look for future.

Ben
OP MrRiley 05 Sep 2016
In reply to All:

Thanks All, glad you enjoyed the write up!

James, great to meet you too and thanks for the comments on the photos!

Ben, the Dulfer is definitely on the list for next time

Cheers, Dave

GridNorth 05 Sep 2016
In reply to MrRiley:

Makes me want to go back. I love the Dolomites. The area seemed to go out of fashion for a few years but seems to be making a bit of a comeback.

Al
 slacky 05 Sep 2016
In reply to MrRiley:
Hope you didn't get too wet at Sass de Stria, sorry for not moving your bags to underneath the boulder (only realised half-way back to the car).

Looks like you enjoyed the rest of your trip, we had a great time further South in the Pale di San Martino. Sorting through my pictures at https://www.flickr.com/photos/slackline/albums/72157671735412502

slacky
Post edited at 14:25
OP MrRiley 06 Sep 2016
In reply to slacky:
Haha we got a bit of a soaking as it took me ages to extricate myself from the top of that route in the rain! Some great photos you've taken, thanks for sharing. Good to see some from the top pitches of the Dibona on Falzarego Grande - a very intimidating pitch that chimney/offwidth. We found a couple of cam placements up to camalot #3 which made it a little less bold, but pulling around the bulging flake is very committing! Stunning belay too...

Dave
 slacky 06 Sep 2016
In reply to MrRiley:

The belay was great, good work finding more cam placements, I enjoyed the quite elegant climbing up it. Stiff move to start the last pitch but the remainder was fine.

Looks like you enjoyed the rest of your holiday. We had a good time at Cinque Torre doing Via Olga and Via Finlandia before heading over to Pale di San Martino where we did the North West arete of the Pala di Rifuggio via Frisch-Corradini (knackering and long day due to it being 700m/17 pitches), then went up to Rifuggio Pradidali and did Fissure Buhl and Via Franceschini on Torre Pradidali (uploaded more pictures now, still got a few more to sort through).

slacky

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...