UKC

Green Flag - my thanks

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Andy Say 05 Sep 2016

In an attempt to counter much negative reporting......

My van lost all power approaching Bolzano as I and my son were just setting off back home last Friday (he was due in school on Monday). Phoned Green Flag UK. A bit of a wait as they contacted the Italian agency. They phoned me - 'the recovery vehicle will be with you within the hour'. It arrived 10 minutes later. Took me to their base. Alternator had gone. Tried to find an alternator. None available. Back on the transporter and shipped 6k to a Renault garage. They couldn't fix it on the spot - 'maybe Monday'. Then found the part had to come from France - 'maybe Thursday or Friday'. The agency booked us a hotel (4* and tres luxurious) for the night. My lad loved it - especially the food and the pool and the sauna.* A plush taxi appeared mid-day to ship us to Verona. EasyJet flight to Gatwick. Grappled with shuttle trains and National Express thinking that this bit was down to me. Got the lad home at 2.45 Sunday morning.

And today got a phone call asking if I had incurred any expenses getting onward to Gatwick as they would reimburse. They will be checking with the garage every day and will get me back out to Bolzano asap by a route of my choice.

I have to say that the customer service at all times was exemplary (a couple of call handlers were obviously in training but what the hell) and efficient. And they kept apologising to ME! And thanking ME for my patience! And when I insisted that, no, it really was up to me to thank THEM they sort of got all bashful and confused

So I just wanted to share a good news story. They were superb and worth every penny of the annual premium (and several annual premiums to come I would think...)

Ta, Green Flag.

*to the extent that he has asked if we can drive to the same area next year and take a hammer to the engine.......
Post edited at 22:57
 aln 05 Sep 2016
In reply to Andy Say:

Good story. Yet it garnered a dislike.
OP Andy Say 05 Sep 2016
In reply to aln:

Maybe they thought I was actually a piece of software generating puff pieces as part of a devilish marketing ploy?
OP Andy Say 08 Sep 2016
In reply to aln:

> Good story. Yet it garnered a dislike.

And the update is that my van is ready for collection, Green Flag seem to be desperate to refund any and all expenses I incurred and I'm just waiting for travel details to get back out to the South Tyrol.

Interestingly the garage is just a couple of k from one of the Messner Mountain Museums. Worth a visit, anyone?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...