UKC

Ideas for teenagers to access climbing

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 fuzzysheep01 14 Oct 2016
Evening all,

I work with post-16 teenagers in Birmingham and a couple have expressed an interest in getting involved regularly in indoor and outdoor climbing having done bits before. I have no means through which to get them climbing through my institution at the moment unfortunately and realised that I don't have that many suggestions to make to them. I'm aware of courses at local walls and obviously more general stuff like scouts etc. however I wondered if I was overlooking better options. I had always assumed without really thinking about it that there would be 'youth climbing club' kind of things but through my limited research haven't really found anything beyond the above suggestions.

Does anyone have any more suggestions that I could look into?

Cheers,

Joe

Bulls Crack 14 Oct 2016
In reply to fuzzysheep01:

One of the climbing walls?
 ShortLock 14 Oct 2016
In reply to fuzzysheep01:
I'm in this boat at the moment, being 17 and trying to do as much climbing as possible inside and out.

Most of the climbing I've done has been through my local club- Swaledale Outdoors Club - taking me cragging, which has been incredibly useful. I've now found an experienced partner my age.

I did first go to a climbing wall, which offered youth evening courses from 6-14 and 14-18, but I was put off by price (not unreasonable but still beyond me) and the longish drive there and back.
Post edited at 21:03

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...