UKC

PRESS RELEASE: Joe Brown Shops 50th Anniversary

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Gear 01 Nov 2016
Joe and Val accepting their commemorative Grivel ice axe, 5 kbOn March 28th 1966 Val and Joe Brown opened the doors to their Llanberis shop and became pioneers of the fledgling outdoor retail industry. When we entered discussions to buy the business in 2005 we were VERY conscious of the sizeable shoes we were about to fill and are extremely proud to be able to continue the legacy of great service and equipment choice that Val & Joe began all those years ago.

Read more
 angry pirate 01 Nov 2016
In reply to UKC Gear:

A fitting tribute to a climbing legend whose legacy lives on in a fantastic climbing shop.
I popped into the Capel Curig branch last week and spent a good while umming and ahhing over windproof gloves before the guy behind the counter took pity on me and was extremely helpful. At no point did he shake his head ruefully at my sad glove fetish but politely treated the whole experience with much more professionalism than I probably deserved.
I walked out with some decent gloves which kept my hands toasty that night waiting at the roadside for the AA.
 BrainoverBrawn 03 Nov 2016
In reply to angry pirate:

What did you do with those gloves pirate, you broke your car man. This has got to stop.
 BrainoverBrawn 05 Nov 2016
In reply to UKC Gear:

Great photo. Love trying to go shopping in LlanB. I don't do much climbing now but mainly practice the ideal of not falling which does require good kit as much as ever.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...