UKC

PRODUCT NEWS: Beta Project Brush Stick

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Gear 10 Nov 2016
Brush Stick Fact Sheet, 4 kbAn adjustable, interchangeable, and lockable articulated brush for cleaning out of reach holds.

Read more
 Valkyrie1968 10 Nov 2016
In reply to UKC Gear:

I was about to post something along the lines of "if you're going to post shit about how this is a ludicrous product, please just go and climb instead, you self-righteous pricks", but then saw that there is a phone attachment - http://www.betaclimbingdesigns.com/products/brands/climb/betastick/climb-be... - to "see what you are brushing remotley [sic] or use it as a selfie stick" sold separately, and now I can't help but feel that it deserves whatever abuse it gets.
 plyometrics 10 Nov 2016
In reply to UKC Gear:
I've already patented an electric version, to help avoid any unnecessary pre-send brushing pump, before anyone gets any fancy ideas...
Post edited at 15:19
In reply to UKC Gear:
I've been using one of these for the past month or so. Despite all the talk online as to how you can make something similar by taping a toothbrush to a stick (which you can), or by using a sawn off bog-brush from B&Q (which you also can), all the people I've met at the crag have had nothing but positive things to say about it - as such I'd anticipate they'll be quite popular in years to come.

That said, I completely reserve the right for people to make their own or use a cheaper alternative. This is just a good option for those that don't want to (of which I suspect there are many)!

p.s. I'm with you regarding the selfie thing, but as I'm over 30 years old suspect this particular element of functionality wasn't designed with me in mind
Post edited at 16:04
 JLS 10 Nov 2016
In reply to Rob Greenwood - UKClimbing:

As long time user of Beta clip-sticks I'd be more impressed if it they'd spent their development budget on a better pole locking mechanism and a carabiner hole on the mounded plastic handle. Frankly the reliability of the locking mechanism is dreadful. Once you've broke a few you learn to be gentle with it but invariably you "have to" lend it to another climber at the crag who isn't quite so careful.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...