UKC

Am I mad to-

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Richard Wilson 13 Nov 2016
Am I mad to be planning a Font trip in February & thinking of going in the camper?

It has the standard caravan lpg heater & a 700 watt oil filled rad if we are on elec hook up.

How cold is Font in Feb?
 Greasy Prusiks 13 Nov 2016
In reply to Richard Wilson:

Absolute luxury compared to a tent. Go for it.
 scott titt 14 Nov 2016

Currently you can book a room at the Moret sure Loing Formel1 for any day in Feb for between £22 & £24 per night with simple breakfast I would say park the camper outside to cook in (if you don't go to one of the nice restaurants in town or the pizza stand next door) and sleep in a warm hotel with hot showers under the same roof.
 deacondeacon 14 Nov 2016
In reply to Greasy Prusiks:

My thoughts exactly.
 LastBoyScout 14 Nov 2016

I've got friends that do ski holidays in camper vans, so Font should be a doddle.
 jcw 14 Nov 2016

There's also a site in La Chapelle-La-Reine which takes campers and has an indoor area for meals etc. closer for Elephant and many other circuits. But the trouble is the weather. Ive certainly climbed in Feb, but if it's wet it takes ages to dry out. however there is a good wall, bouldering and climbing, at Buthiers Malesherbes which is only a 10 or so min drive from La Chapelle.

F1 is a possible. I think if doing it we would go in the car instead & save on fuel & ferry costs.

Or for a littler more you can get an apartment & can cook as well.

We are going with a group so the Feb dates are what we have.

We went in April this year & were lucky with the weather.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...