UKC

Can you identify this route?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
See photos here:
http://imgur.com/a/T5uaE

I climbed this the other week while in El Chorro, it is not in the Rockfax guide nor the UKC database. It is about 200m left of the main climbing area (Cantolandia, etc)

The route is roughly 45-48m, and takes the right arete of the main face to an overlap at about 6-7m, then continues straight up the face on increasingly thin and unhelpful cracks and smears.

I made enough of a meal of it to dissuade any others in the group from following me up, and have guessed at a grade around 7a+

If you know the route / grade I'd be very grateful for any info, cheers.
 krikoman 21 Nov 2016
In reply to George Killaspy:

No
 Emilio Bachini 22 Nov 2016

Check the local guide if possible. There's a lot in there that you won't be able to find on here.

Emilio.
 Franco Cookson 22 Nov 2016

Also, if you're wanting information about a specific area, it is best to include the name of the area in the thread title. The chances of an El Chorro expert stumbling across this thread is low.

I don't even know where Cantolandia is. From only a little knowledge of El Chorro, this looks like Los Cotos (?).
 mishabruml 22 Nov 2016

Where is cantolandia? I can have a look in the local guide for you
In reply to Franco Cookson:

Thought I'd added the crag link...but apparently not

The area is Valle de Abdalajis

Valle de Abdalajis

Cheers
 Emilio Bachini 22 Nov 2016

I think you're quite close with the grade, I remember belaying a friend over there many years ago.

It's certainly in one of the older local guides so a good chance it's in a more recent one too.
 johncook 22 Nov 2016

Did this about four years ago. Not near the guide book, but it is not named in the local one. Has an upside down question mark. The local guys (Sergio, Larry, Crespo etc) who were with us said it was 6c/+. The slab to the right also has some good routes up it.
When I get home I will see if I can find more info.
You could go on facebook, cleverclimbadventures, and ask Sergio, he will know.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...