UKC

Rave Cave location Hodge Close ish

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 red1200 28 Nov 2016
Was reminiscing with a friend last night about some things we did as students in the 90's and one thing i remember is going to a rave in a cave somewhere near coniston, Hodge close area i think, but not Hodge close itself.

Anyone know where the rave cave was, i'm off to the lakes in a cople of weeks and would like to have a look in there just to see what its like again.

Cheers

Stu Tyrrell 28 Nov 2016
OP red1200 28 Nov 2016
In reply to Stu Tyrrell:

Thanks, I knew Hodge Close is unstable but I think the rave cave was somewhere else not the main quarry although might be wrong.

I seem to remember there was a tunnel you walked through before getting to a large chamber. Dnot think it was cathedral quarry either.
 3leggeddog 28 Nov 2016
In reply to red1200:

I think the cave was blown up to prevent further raves. Miserable sods.

On a similar note, didn't one of the shamen drown in Rydal cave, swimming with the goldfish after a large amount of psychadelics.
 woppo 28 Nov 2016
In reply to red1200:

some photos of it yesterday on Facebook page of 'mines and quarries of the lake district and cumbria' group.
closed group but photos seem to show still accessible
 Mark Eddy 28 Nov 2016
In reply to red1200:

I think it's near to Elterwater but now all gated off to prevent access.
 Ridge 28 Nov 2016
In reply to 3leggeddog:

> I think the cave was blown up to prevent further raves. Miserable sods.

> On a similar note, didn't one of the shamen drown in Rydal cave, swimming with the goldfish after a large amount of psychadelics.

I remember seeing goldfish in the Cathedral. Not heard the story about one of the Shamen.
 Ben Farley 29 Nov 2016
In reply to 3leggeddog:

Will Sinnot of the Shamen died swimming off the Canary Islands if I remember correctly.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...