UKC

VIDEO: Mangarbo, 9a/+, by Seb Bouin

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 07 Dec 2016
Seb Bouin on Mangarbo, 9a/+, Villanueva del Rosario, Andalusia, 5 kbIn early May, Seb Bouin made the first ascent of Mangarbo in the Villanueva del Rosario cave in Andalusia, Spain. Now there is a video. 

Mangarbo is a combination between Mandanga total and the second pitch of the Planta de shiva.

Seb didn't manage to repeat Planta de Shiva in...

Read more
 stp 07 Dec 2016
In reply to UKC News:

Good vid though I found the music a bit too upfront and intrusive and too loud (compared to the voice). Will be interesting to see if he does Planta de Shiva which Iooks like being not a soft touch. Megos has tried it and given the light work he made of Biographie, Planta is obviously a fair bit harder.

I admire that Seb seems like an honest grader and doesn't happily take a high grade if he thinks a route is easier (Chilam Balam and Thor's Hammer sping to mind). If we had more climbers like that the problem of grade inflation probably wouldn't exist.
 Phil Murray 07 Dec 2016
In reply to stp:

Yes I agree the music is too in your face; inappropriate. In fact, its just bloody awful. The sort of thing people (eg., me) would write in the mid 1990s when learning how to use a new sequencing software package; block repeating everything & arpeggiating chords, a good tune does not make.

Never mind! good footage tho.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...