UKC

Scottish Snow Hunters

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Huwmackin 30 Dec 2016
Greetings Warriors of the white wilderness. We are on the hunt for Snow and ice for climbing, QMDs and snow holing. We fly into Inverness on the 3rd-13th of Jan. We are mobile and prepared to travel each day for the best conditions. Have scanned weather reports and webcams and seen a mere spattering of snow. Reports have been inconsistent so thought it would be best to address the community for inside expert advice and strong guttural predictions. Any and all advice/information will be greatly received and appreciated. Happy Hunting!
 jas wood 30 Dec 2016
In reply to Huwmackin:
You are indeed correct on current standing :O( however set to get quite cold new years and precipitation and bring conditions for climbing. If you have no experience of the area a book called 'chasing the epheremal' makes very informative and practical advice on making the most of what is there, aswell as inspring. I'd be amazed if you got nothing done in your stay!
Try
Sais - for upto ate on the ground reports daily
MWIS - track weather and forecast outlook - recognised asabout the best - also has links to blogs of what people have been on and webcams.

Good luck
Post edited at 09:57
 Doug 30 Dec 2016
In reply to Huwmackin:

always worth looking at http://www.scottishwinter.com/
 Sophie G. 30 Dec 2016
In reply to Doug:

"Blink and you miss it" is right so far, this season!
Huwmackin 31 Dec 2016
In reply to Doug: Brilliant! Couldn't stop reading.
Huwmackin 31 Dec 2016
In reply to jas wood:
Excellent! This is what I was hoping for. Scottish winter hope and were to find it! I'll keep everything crossed for cold. Thanks again!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...