UKC

Tyn y coed or Cobdens?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 kevin stephens 20 Jan 2017
I've not been to Capel for ages, which pub is best, beer ambience and dog friendly, and also to van overnight in carpark?
 TomGB 20 Jan 2017
In reply to kevin stephens:

tyn y coed. Massively.
 wilkie14c 20 Jan 2017

tin-y
great choice of beer and mark is the nicest chap you'll ever meet
 tim000 20 Jan 2017

tyn-y-coed for sausage and mash
 gethin_allen 20 Jan 2017

Last time I was in the area the cobdens was closed and it looked permanent. This was about a year ago I think but does anyone know if it's open again?
 jcw 20 Jan 2017

I've not been to either for ages, but definitely Tyn Y. I always remember trying to keep a straight face when the waitress loudly asked me if I wanted stuffing! And the second cook held my fall when I led the Gates in 1966,
 David Jones 21 Jan 2017

Cobdens is open, and under new(ish) management.
 thlcr1 21 Jan 2017
In reply to gethin_allen:

> Last time I was in the area the cobdens was closed and it looked permanent. This was about a year ago I think but does anyone know if it's open again?

I think last time I went past, a month or so ago, the lights were on and I recall a sign saying under new management. Been meaning to check it out but haven't had the chance. Tyn Y was always better though. Mind you always liked the Bryn Tyrch the best.

Lee

As a Capel local I can tell you that Cobbies' opening hours are sporadic at the moment and it seems to be closed more often that it's open. I can also say as an habitual visitor to the Tynni that it is a great pub, the ale and food are fantastic and the ambience warm and convivial...maybe see you there!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...