UKC

Xsara Picasso Desire 2hdi

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Morning,

I'm getting myself a new car (well new second hand car) from a family friend.
A Citroen Xsara Picasso Desire 2hdi.

Any reviews from people about this model ?

If I remove all of the rear seats is there enough space to sleep in the back of this if needs be ?
Part of the appeal is the amount of space I will have available .

Thanks

TWS

quirky 06 Feb 2017
In reply to Chive Talkin\':

I used to have the grand picasso, the seats folded flat and there is acres of room to sleep 2 comfortably, have slept in it alone in the middle of winter too, quite comfortable except for the lack of any insulaton turning it into an icey glass coffin... couldnt knock it though, never had any trouble with it, engines seem to go for ever if looked after, interior falls apart...but that is the French car charm!
In reply to quirky:

> I used to have the grand picasso, the seats folded flat and there is acres of room to sleep 2 comfortably, have slept in it alone in the middle of winter too, quite comfortable except for the lack of any insulaton turning it into an icey glass coffin... couldnt knock it though, never had any trouble with it, engines seem to go for ever if looked after, interior falls apart...but that is the French car charm!

Thanks for that.
I've been reading up on other websites and it does seem that you can sleep 2 people comfortably.

TWS
 dread-i 06 Feb 2017

My wife has one, though I've never slept in it.
Bombproof engines, will go forever. As mentioned, a french twist on lots of things. Cant change bulbs easily (front or rear). The battery is under the seat. The spare wheel is under the car, rather than in a well. Ours came with a Citroen issued, fold up shopping basket. Good driving position, 1.6 is economical, seats can go flat or be removed easily.

Solid, dull and reliable.
 Bulls Crack 06 Feb 2017
In reply to dread-i:

Loads of room, drives like a wallowing pig (and this from someone who has had many Citroens!) We got rid of ours due to a niggling emissions/filter safety measure problem that had kept on shutting the turbo-off.
 Yanis Nayu 06 Feb 2017

Whenever I see a middle-aged bloke driving one of those with 3 squabbling kids in the back they always look like they've totally given up on life. Don't do it. Get an Alfa Romeo and a carbon road bike.
 BnB 06 Feb 2017

You can be sure that with a name like "desire" the driving experience will be akin to a slow wasting disease. It seems previous owners have already chipped in with tales of their pain. So if what you care about most is room to sleep, it would be wise to limit your question to that subject.
In reply to BnB:

> You can be sure that with a name like "desire" the driving experience will be akin to a slow wasting disease. It seems previous owners have already chipped in with tales of their pain. So if what you care about most is room to sleep, it would be wise to limit your question to that subject.

Spoken like a true Clarkson.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...