UKC

Recommendations for day pack for photographers

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 MikeTS 12 Feb 2017
For, say, a full frame body, a 70-200, a 24-70, and a 17 wide angle - plus room for water bladder, sandwiches and warm jacket
 PPP 12 Feb 2017
In reply to MikeTS:

I am going to repeat myself, but just go for Peak Design Capture (Pro). You'll thank me later.

OP MikeTS 12 Feb 2017
In reply to PPP:

I appreciate consistency!
 PPP 12 Feb 2017
In reply to MikeTS:

I mean... I used it in rock climbing, via ferratas, winter stuff, MTBing, hill walking and what not. I haven't carried the camera in any other way for two years now. It's just that great.

Selfie from last weekend... http://imgur.com/oALWskL
OP MikeTS 12 Feb 2017
In reply to PPP:

Actually I have one, which is what I meant by consistency. But l am nervous about exposing the camera to the elements. So when it gets tough I want to put the camera in the pack. So am interested in what pack to go with it. Love the selfie!
 PPP 12 Feb 2017
In reply to MikeTS:

Ah fair enough. Yeah that's the reason I got a waterproof camera/lens (E-M5 II and 12-40mm F2.8) and the Peak Design Shell to somewhat protect from the elements.

I was always the Kata guy.
 greg_may_ 13 Feb 2017
In reply to MikeTS:
I've an f-Stop Kenti - I tend to use it for walking, scrambling and the odd MTB ride. It's narrow enough that I can fit it through whatever my shoulders make it past which is my main bugbear with most camera bags.

Can set the camera up either side so you can sling the bag around on a single shoulder strap if you don't/can't put it down. Works fine on the side of a hill, or at a belay stance. No problem fitting two bodies and a few lenses in. Carries well when weighted. Mine didn't come with a rain cover (using an old one) but it has worked well in heavy rain without it. Material has not been treated nicely and it's still going well.

But, room to spare on at the top with the roll closure can be minimal. Waterproof, Primaloft layer, some food. Few stow pockets on the back panel and the right hip.

As a day pack it's great - it's my day to day work bag with camera on one side. Looks like a normal bag and doesn't attract too much attention.

I also have an Evoc photo Scout -I've not got on with it so well and found it unbalanced when the side pocket was loaded. Back access is nice though, bit more storage on top and the padding is stunning. If you're interested I'd probably pass it on.
Post edited at 10:17

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...