UKC

beastmaker app - suddenly realistic grading?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Malarkey 23 Feb 2017
The beast maker app suddenly updated unexpectedly. And the sets seem to have been made a bit easier.

Does everyone feel better about themselves?
 deacondeacon 24 Feb 2017
In reply to Malarkey:
Ive just started using it again and managed to do the 6C workout without too much trouble. I can't remember the old 6C routine but know that I never managed to complete it (although it was a few years ago). Thought I was just going well lol.

Can any remember the original 6C routine, or if someone hasn't updated the app yet tell me what it is?
 snoop6060 24 Feb 2017
In reply to Malarkey:

Can it count now? Seem to recall it couldn't count to 7 properly
 Fishmate 24 Feb 2017
In reply to Malarkey:

I'm confident that using back 2 didn't start until 7A/B on the 1000 before the update. Could be wrong. I've never used pre programed modules and targeted weaknesses but have looked out of interest.
 Lemony 24 Feb 2017
In reply to Malarkey:

Time to see if I can finish set 4 on the 6C routine.
Malarkey 24 Feb 2017
In reply to snoop6060:

I think the old iOS app counted 0 as a second so 7 was actually 8! (according to beastmaker twitter account)
 jezb1 24 Feb 2017
In reply to Malarkey:

It defaults to two sets rather than three on my update, that makes it a lot easier...
 Zgemba 24 Feb 2017
In reply to Malarkey:

Don't know about realistic, but it definitely feels easier after the update (Android).
 Fishmate 24 Feb 2017
In reply to Malarkey:

Out of interest, do you prefer the updated version. I know it is essentially the same but seems more enjoyable to use. Perhaps just a visual thing?
 snoop6060 24 Feb 2017
In reply to Malarkey:

Aye, I know. That literally is the first thing you are taught as a programmer tho. Shit bug for an app already notorious for handing your arse to you. Here's an extra set because we can't program

New one looks way better
Malarkey 24 Feb 2017
In reply to Fishmate:

Mostly prefer it. I'm working 5a and 5b but find the small recesses much harder than the slopers or 2 finger pocket. I was trying to work towards them by going one hand deep pocket one hand shallow pocket then switching each hang.

The new ones I can do straight off so seems like a better intro for starters - but I still don't see me making the leap to both hands in the shallow pocket without the above strategy as I progress.
 JLS 24 Feb 2017
In reply to Malarkey:

Thankfully I've got auto updates turned off. The old grades are nonsense but at least I know where I am with them. I'd hate to be unable to assess current performance with past efforts.
 Fishmate 25 Feb 2017
In reply to Malarkey:

I think you are doing exactly the right thing. I've never seen the app as something that must be complied with.

I've never used the preset programs and only used my BM1000 to develop existing strength and develop my weaknesses. I've just got to the stage where I'm working my back 2 and do this in unison with the deep 4 finger edge.

Keep using that method and those gains will come. Also consider on rock you may find yourself using a deep and shallow edge or pocket at the same time so it has value in that sense anyway.
 stp 28 Feb 2017
In reply to Malarkey:

So grade slippage has even spread into the world of training apps now.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...