UKC

Getting profile and gradient from .gpx

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 GrahamD 03 Mar 2017
I'm currently planning our annual pub European cycling trip. This year its a "6 European Countries in 5 Days" theme. In the past these haven't been that hilly (hilliest parts have been the Downs in the UK !) but this year is taking us into East Belgium, Northwest Belgium and Luxembourg which is going to be considerably hillier terrain.

What I'm looking for is a free application that would let me view profile and ideally gradient. I'm generating courses in Garmin which (sporadically) gives me profile. Generating .gpx and exporting to Bikehike sometimes works for UK profiles but never seems to work on European profiles. Any ideas ? many thanks
OP GrahamD 03 Mar 2017
In reply to ChrisJD:

Thanks Chris, your power of Google obviously exceeds mine ! doesn't quite give the gradient (as far as I can see) but does give an indication. Best one yet.
 The Potato 03 Mar 2017
In reply to GrahamD:

I use mapometer and that shows graphs too
OP GrahamD 03 Mar 2017
In reply to Pesda potato:

Thanks. On the face of it I can't see whether you can upload existing .gpx route files into it ?
 bigbobbyking 03 Mar 2017
In reply to GrahamD:

I use ridewithgps which I think does what you need it to. You'll need to setup an account, but it's the bestof the online mapping websites I've tried and it allows you upload and edit gpx as well. I think it will show the elevation of a gpx you upload...
 wilkesley 03 Mar 2017
In reply to bigbobbyking:

I use ridewithgps too. It certainly shows elevations for uploaded gpx files located in GB and southern Ireland. Haven't tried any other countries. However, the site is US based, so if it shows elevations for GB, I would expect it to work for the rest of Europe.
OP GrahamD 03 Mar 2017
In reply to wilkesley:

The bits I wanted to try don't appear to be the freebie options unfortunately
 Yanis Nayu 03 Mar 2017
In reply to GrahamD:

I think Strava does it. I'm a premium user, so whether you can do it with the free one I'm not sure, but I think so.
 The Potato 03 Mar 2017
In reply to GrahamD:

Free sign up then go to your profile and you can add a gpx

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...