UKC

Bram Crag quarry, quick drying?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Birks 11 Mar 2017
Thinking about heading to Bram Crag quarry tomorrow for the afternoon if the weather turns good.

Does anyone know if it's quick drying (or have other suggestions for a quick drying hit in the lakes)?

Cheers
Luke
 Robbie Blease 11 Mar 2017
In reply to Birks:

Don't know about Bramcrag, but nearby Castle Rock Triermain dries pretty quick, that's where I might be heading tomorrow.
 mike123 11 Mar 2017
In reply to Birks: in general yes , but it's been drizzling steadily all day so it would need to be really really sunny tomorrow morning , so I would be pleasantly surprised if it were. Castle south will probaly be a better bet . But don't go there because there are sharks with fricking laser beams forecast to be there all afternoon.

Route Adjuster 11 Mar 2017
In reply to Birks:

Some lines can dry quickly but there are many lines that have seepage or run-off and require a few days to dry out.
 petegunn 11 Mar 2017
In reply to Birks:

Some sections do dry quickly although, Bramcrag is micro granite so a little bit like slate ( but with a bit more friction) very slippery if damp.
Like others have said, Castle rock is nearby and offers better incut holds.
Watch out for those sharks
In reply to Birks:

It has been very wet underfoot in the area recently. Lots of surface water. Bram is notoriously bad for seepage until we have a decent dry spell. Too early in the season I would say.
 tmawer 12 Mar 2017
In reply to Birks:

Too late for this time, however for future reference, if you're prepared to search around a bit there's almost always enough dry to have a fun time. I have been several times this winter and always got routes done (including today). Hope you got out.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...