UKC

Dry tooling Sport crag areas - progression

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 ihugrocks 15 Mar 2017
I've been dry tooling at my local crag recently and wondered about progressing this. I've just been climbing existing sport lines with tools but feel i need to train this indoors. I fancy going a bit further from home and some longer lines only been on around 15m so far. Be great to have some suggestions. Currently in the SW.
 Nathan Adam 15 Mar 2017
In reply to ihugrocks:

When you say "existing sport lines", you don't mean you've been dry tooling on established sport climbs, do you?
OP ihugrocks 15 Mar 2017
In reply to Nath93:

yeah at my local sport crag. thought it would be better than trad lines incase i fell
ROSP 15 Mar 2017
In reply to Nath93:

Don't feed the trolls!
 Greasy Prusiks 15 Mar 2017
In reply to ihugrocks:

You're obviously trolling.
 Otis 15 Mar 2017
In reply to ihugrocks:

With trolls this blatant it feels like I'm in the gift shop at a major Norwegian tourist attraction!
 Nathan Adam 15 Mar 2017
In reply to ihugrocks:

Lol!
 tspoon1981 15 Mar 2017
In reply to ihugrocks:

I thought Millstone Edge was the go to crag for drytooling.
In reply to tspoon1981:

I thought that was the learn-to-bolt area?
 tspoon1981 15 Mar 2017
In reply to Greasy Prusiks:

My apologies, easy mistake, it's because I tend to just scratch my tools around anywhere in the peakS district when the mood for drytooling takes hold.
In reply to tspoon1981:

No worries. Who doesn't like a bit of classic peak dry tooling?

Top tip; A wire brush will remove even the most stubborn of ugly chalk marks. Can't stand unsightly white marks all over the rock.
 tspoon1981 15 Mar 2017
In reply to Greasy Prusiks:

I challenge anyone to find a person that doesn't enjoy scuffing their way up classic grit climbs, the benefits of using crampons on classics is easy removal of horrendous polish. It's a win win.

If using wool I like to use York abrasives wire wool. I start at grade 4 and work down to 00 to get a super smooth finish
 Nathan Adam 15 Mar 2017
In reply to tspoon1981:

Grit is soft enough to kick front points into anyway, no?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...