UKC

Nice kayak-access multipitch in the Ardeche Gorge?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Pete Houghton 16 Mar 2017
Hello all,

I'd like to go back to the Ardeche Gorge this autumn, the wife and I did the kayak descent last time, but this time I'd like to do the kayak trip with a climbing friend instead, and stop off at one of the bivvy sites along the way (maybe for two nights, before and after) and do one of the multipitches available there.

Has anyone done this, and can you recommend a good route? Something 5b-6a all the way up, or easier with a couple of 6b cruxes... something like that.

Many thanks for any recommendations or advice, chaps.
 jon 16 Mar 2017
In reply to Pete Houghton:

Well there's the classic Pilier d'Autridge that can be accessed from the river. Probably easier than the flog down from the top - though of course you'd have to do that anyway to get back down to your boats! Just the right grade too.
OP Pete Houghton 16 Mar 2017
In reply to jon:

That's a great suggestion, possibly half a grade harder than we'd aim for on multipitch ourselves, but if the summer goes well then it could be something to aim for. Thanks.
 jon 16 Mar 2017
In reply to Pete Houghton:

The hard pitch is often aided - one or two points - and is bolted in such a way to facilitate this. Doing this would even out the grade so that it wouldn't be any harder than the other pitches.
OP Pete Houghton 17 Mar 2017
In reply to jon:

Righto, that's good to know. Cheers Jon!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...