UKC

Clocks changing this weekend

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 john arran 25 Mar 2017
"Don't forget: this week clocks go forward 1 hour (EU); back 40 years (UK)"

Thanks to @mseltzermayr on Twitter for that one
 pec 25 Mar 2017
In reply to john arran:

> "Don't forget: this week clocks go forward 1 hour (EU); back 40 years (UK) >

Excellent, summer's here and we're free again, hurrah!
 The Lemming 25 Mar 2017
In reply to john arran:

Yes remember people

Spring Back.

So put those clocks back an hour for an extra hour of all that lovely sunshine.

In reply to john arran:

This is the source of it, at today's huge March for Europe in London. My brother's there, and so's Jim Perrin, I gather.
https://twitter.com/JamesPurefoy/status/845606231410688000/photo/1
 Big Ger 25 Mar 2017
In reply to Gordon Stainforth:

Hardly original, from 2010;

"BA stewardess on a flight to Saudi Arabia.

"Welcome to Saudi Arabia, please set your watch forward 2 hours and back 600 years"

Though I suppose "racism" can be shouted at that one now.
 Chris Harris 25 Mar 2017
In reply to Big Ger:

> Hardly original, from 2010;"BA stewardess on a flight to Saudi Arabia."Welcome to Saudi Arabia, please set your watch forward 2 hours and back 600 years" Though I suppose "racism" can be shouted at that one now.

Not really. The current Islamic year is 1438.
In reply to Big Ger:

Yo piensa que Saudi Arabia cambia slowly.
 wilkie14c 26 Mar 2017
In reply to john arran:

Got back from tenerife today who are on the same time as us but thought it odd they had notices around the hotel this morning reminding guests that their clocks go forward an hour tonight. It seems the canaries have the hour forward/back thing too
 Timmd 26 Mar 2017
In reply to john arran:

Don't remind me.
 Jon Stewart 26 Mar 2017
In reply to Big Ger:
> Though I suppose "racism" can be shouted at that one now.

Why do people think this?

The Saudis f*cking stone women to death for adultery. F*ck them, the regime is subhuman. They spread a horrific, medieval version of Islam around the globe like a virus (yet they're our allies, and we sell them weapons to kill Yemeni children with - and then we sit around moaning about Islamic terrorism).
Post edited at 00:38
 Jon Stewart 26 Mar 2017
In reply to Timmd:

> Don't remind me.

On a lighter note (but if there's 2 things guaranteed to make my piss boil it's someone saying "you're not allowed to say [insert perfectly reasonable thing] these days - it's political correctness gone mad", and any mention of the f*cking Saudis...both in the same sentence and then I really lose my shit)...

No, thanks for the reminder! I'd forgotten and now I've realised I've got evenings to go climbing, walking, running, whatever I like, in the wonderful Lake District. This is a cause for deep joy and celebration.
 winhill 26 Mar 2017
In reply to Gordon Stainforth:

> This is the source of it, at today's huge March for Europe in London. My brother's there, and so's Jim Perrin, I gather.https://twitter.com/JamesPurefoy/status/845606231410688000/photo/1

I'm not sure it was huge, a few thousand to ten thousand on some reports. partly due to Paddy Ashdown's European Movement issuing this statement:

"Yesterday’s tragic events in London mean that the European Movement no longer believe it is appropriate to hold a march on Saturday. In discussions with the police it has been made clear to us that although they will not prevent the march going ahead, it represents an enormous burden at a time when they need to concentrate on the investigation into the terrorist attack in Westminster. It is with sadness that we want to advise you not to travel on Saturday as we do not wish to add to that burden."
abseil 26 Mar 2017
In reply to john arran:

> ....back 40 years (UK)....

Ironically this joke is also at least 40 years old
In reply to winhill:

The police said there were approx 100,000 and they tend not to exaggerate. You seem to be ignoring what actually happened - though it was admittedly not well reported, though there was plenty of helicopter footage. It took four hours for the march to go from Hyde P Corner to Parliament Square, and there was nothing like enough space for everyone to fit into Parliament Square when it got there.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...