UKC

new rocks

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
graham117 26 Mar 2017
i have found some rocks near where I live in a woody area they are next to a road it is open to get to them just wondering if anyone can help tell me how to find out if its ok to climb them
In reply to graham117:

Check on the logbooks mapping on this site to see if they're a recognised venue, and check the BMC Regional Access database for any known access issues.

Or just post the location on this thread and sooner or later someone with local knowledge will probably help.

Alternatively, for a definitive answer, contact your local BMC Access Officer with a location / grid reference.
graham117 26 Mar 2017
In reply to Ron Rees Davies:

hi ron thanks for that have checked bmc database and they are not on it they are near coxbench near derby on alfreton road 50yards south of the fox and hounds pub
 John Gresty 27 Mar 2017
In reply to graham117:

Most bits of rock in that area, and there are plenty, have been known about for years, but I doubt if anything has been recorded. Although there was one route in the quarries written up, without trawling through old guides i believe it was climbed during the period of the second world war.
There were some chalk marks on the rocks at Horsley Castle a couple of years ago, also evidence of cleaning.
Folks do seem to keep rediscovering the area.

John Gresty
 DerwentDiluted 27 Mar 2017
In reply to graham117:

See the old (1994?) Chatsworth guide, which covers a lot of these areas around Milford-Little Eaton-Duffield.

I had a good rummage around here 10 odd years ago and haven't rushed back.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...